Cute Suns Stories

1 view

Tim BosLey

Mar 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/5/96
Remember when the Suns were down 2-0 against the lakers. My
brother and I were so concerned that we erected a Suns demi-god. It was
a Suns trash basket with a basketball on top of it. Inside the can we
put anything about the Suns. Newspaper articles, Suns toys, and Suns
anything was put inside the can. We put a Suns towel over the top of
the basketball so it would look like a hood. Our trash can slowly
started to look like a little person.
We prayed to this "little person" to let the Suns win. It
worked! The Suns got past the lakers in a three game back door sweep.
They got past the Spurs in 6. They got past the Supersonics in 7. Our
Demi-god was working. Its powers elevated the Suns to victory. We
dared not upset the Demi-god for fear of its wrath uponn us.
The finals came around and the Suns lost the first two at home.
We did not dought the Suns were still going to win it all because of
the powers of the demi-god. The demi-god brougt it home to game 6, a
must-win for the Suns. We had no dought in the Suns demi-god powers.
After the game we were full of sarrow and puzzlement. We could
not figure why our Suns demi-god, as we affectionately called it, failed
us. We left the Suns demi-god up for a few weeks out of loyalty for it.
After all, it did get us by a possible catasrophe in the first round and
it got us to the finals. We couldn't figure out why it failed us. Did
we do something to offend it? While we were taking it down my brother
looked upon the ball and showed me what he saw. "Noooooo", I SCREAMED!
I cursed myself like I was cursing my worst enemy. On the ball it said
two words that are synonomous with evil, Michael Jordan. It was a
Michael Jordan Ball!
That explained it all. Thats why it failed us in the finals in
that dreaded month of June so many years ago. If only I had looked at
the ball. If I have only looked at the ball!