ORLANDO: This Team Makes Me Sick!!!!

1 view

mut...@serv.net

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
I don't think I have ever watched a more sickening team than the
Orlando Magic. I love basketball and the skilles involved, but the
Orlando Magic make me sick.

Penny is a great player with class...I will give them that much. But
Shaq is possibly the worst "great" player ever(how can anyone ignore
the free throw problem).

Even the music, noises and other crap used to distract opponents is
irritating as hell!

The final straw was that god damn timeout that was called during a
blowout for the sake of a stupid statistic that nobody is going to
care about a week later.

It will be satisfying to see Orlando struggle in the playoffs. This
team doesen't have the maturity and poise of Seattle or Chicago.
They make me sick and I can't wait for their playoff losses.

Master Vader

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96

Seattle?? Excuse me?? The team that went out in the first round for
two straight years? The only 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed inthe
playoffs? If anything, they will be the ones struggling in the
playoffs. Orlando will be fine...trust me. After they beat the Bulls
in the Conference finals and the Lakers in the finals, you can just puke
your guts out for all I care.

Master Vader

T-Rock

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
mut...@serv.net wrote:

For starters, isn't 'Muttley' that DOG that Dick Dastardly had? Go
find your master and do that wheezing laugh at him.

>I don't think I have ever watched a more sickening team than the
>Orlando Magic. I love basketball and the skilles involved, but the
>Orlando Magic make me sick.

Do you like the NBA though? If you like basketball so much, who won
the NCAA crown? Duke? North Carolina? These are bandwagoneer teams
that everyone's heard of, but do you know the true answer to my
question???

>Penny is a great player with class...I will give them that much.

Thank you, I guess. #1 is my favorite player.

>But
>Shaq is possibly the worst "great" player ever(how can anyone ignore
>the free throw problem).

Wilt Chamberlain had the same problem. Shaq is like the 2nd coming of
Wilt - both have power, but aren't great shooters. Do you think Wilt's
team worried about it? Not as long as he continued to dominate the
paint! Shaq's getting better anyway at free-throw shooting, so please
don't be so hard on the big guy.

>Even the music, noises and other crap used to distract opponents is
>irritating as hell!

You say you like the skills basketball involves, but the noise, music,
and other crap irritates you, eh? GOOD - that means that the fans and
good 'stage' people at the O-rena are doing their jobs! It is SUPPOSED
to irritate you pal - but the correct word isn't irritate, it's
INTIMIDATE. There is a difference. If you hate us for that, you should
see a Chicago game at the U.C., if you know what that is. They're 10
times as bad than at the O-rena. It's all a big idolization thing -
half the Chicago fans think that MJ's a god! That's even some chump's
'alias'.

>The final straw was that god damn timeout that was called during a
>blowout for the sake of a stupid statistic that nobody is going to
>care about a week later.

Please, DON'T USE GOD'S NAME IN VAIN!!! Hey guy, you wouldn't happen
to know the guy's name who called the timeout, would ya'? Go ahead,
take your time and search through the newsgroup to find out. I know
that you need to research. Was anyone supposed to care about that
'stupid' statistic? It mattered most to the guy himself. He doesn't
see a lot of playing time, so he saw an oppurtunity and took it. I can
see where you're coming from too - he should have gotten his
triple-double the "hard" way. But don't axe him so badly. Let's peep
the game from a different angle - would YOU have done the same thing?
Think about it, Mr. Class.

>It will be satisfying to see Orlando struggle in the playoffs.

Struggle? Chicago is gonna burn themselves out over trying to get 70
wins. It would be cool to see them get 68 or 69 and then lose! They're
tiring themselves out. Seattle needs a psychiatrist, not rings. That
team has more friction than a car engine does! I think Orlando will
be at the very least one of the final four teams to go (returning to
the Eastern Conference championships). And I wouldn't count them out
of winning the Championships this year, either. You're obviously a
Chicago fan - only a special few of you (e,g, romp, tina) can
understand this.

>This
>team doesen't have the maturity and poise of Seattle or Chicago.

Give us a chance - the very organization isn't even 7 years old yet!
Orlando is a very young team and organization. Even as we're learning,
we are still you're Eastern Conference Champs. Don't knock that buddy!
Did you know that Chicago is one of the oldest teams around? They had
another name before Bulls - you're a true basketball fan, what is it?
Can any Chicago fan answer this question? I'll be waiting. What
maturity and what poise does a team have when they have a great
regular season, only to lose in the FIRST ROUND against Denver?!
If you call that poise, then it won't take much to get some of that.

>They make me sick and I can't wait for their playoff losses.

If we should happen to win the Championship, what is your email
address? I'd love to remind you of your little letter here. Just don't
bandwagon yourself over here to the Magic N.G., i-ight? I think we
have a good chance....let the flames begin to burn.

PEACE!!!
T-Rock

"You're Welcome!" -Derrick Coleman

Go Magic! Hardaway for President!

Flame or comment at tr...@utdallas.edu. Please attempt to contain
profanities and vulgarities; be gents and ladies please.

Ted Roberts

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4jt52c$9...@brockman.serv.net> mut...@serv.net writes:

>I don't think I have ever watched a more sickening team than the
>Orlando Magic. I love basketball and the skilles involved, but the
>Orlando Magic make me sick.

>Penny is a great player with class...I will give them that much. But

>Shaq is possibly the worst "great" player ever(how can anyone ignore
>the free throw problem).

His career free-throw %age is higher than Wilt Chamberlain's

>Even the music, noises and other crap used to distract opponents is
>irritating as hell!

Are you saying Orlando is the only team that uses light shows and noise
during games?

>The final straw was that god damn timeout that was called during a
>blowout for the sake of a stupid statistic that nobody is going to
>care about a week later.

It's over so get over it.

>It will be satisfying to see Orlando struggle in the playoffs. This

>team doesen't have the maturity and poise of Seattle or Chicago.

>They make me sick and I can't wait for their playoff losses.

Seattle who has lost in the first round of the playoffs the last two years?
Two years ago, they became the first ever #1 seed o lose in the firs round
of the playoffs. They had the NBA's best record going into the playoffs and
homefield advantage throughout if they had just shown the poinse to not blow
a 2-0 series edge to a pretty ok Denver Nuggets team.

Ted

BIG POPPA

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
May I make my first point by saying why the hell are you in the newsgroup
if you hate the magic so much. Secondly the music and noise is a
distraction everywhere you go in basketball so what makes the O-rena any
different. And last but not least, if no one gives a damn about the
statistic a week later then why the fuck do you 2 weeks later. Go MAGIC
and FUCK the bulls!

CHUCK
DSP Fo' Life (07)
Magic Fan Extraordinaire
Fuck the Bulls

Unknown

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4jt52c$9...@brockman.serv.net>, mut...@serv.net says:

>I don't think I have ever watched a more sickening team than the
>Orlando Magic. I love basketball and the skilles involved, but the
>Orlando Magic make me sick.
>
>Penny is a great player with class...I will give them that much. But
>Shaq is possibly the worst "great" player ever(how can anyone ignore
>the free throw problem).
>
>Even the music, noises and other crap used to distract opponents is
>irritating as hell!
>
>The final straw was that god damn timeout that was called during a
>blowout for the sake of a stupid statistic that nobody is going to
>care about a week later.
>
>It will be satisfying to see Orlando struggle in the playoffs. This
>team doesen't have the maturity and poise of Seattle or Chicago.
>They make me sick and I can't wait for their playoff losses.
>

Q>Shaq is possibly the worst "great" player ever(how can anyone ignore
the free throw problem)?

A> Just look at Shaquille's numbers and I'm sure you can ignore the free
throw problem.

If noone's going to care about the stupid triple double a week later, why
are you still worrying, I do believe it's been a week since then.

Q> When has Seattle showed any poise outside of the regular season?

A> To me it seems like the Sonics are in a hurry to be poised in front of
the Television watching the playoffs.

Chicago on the other hand they do have poise and the have shown maturity.
Just like last year when they acted extremely mature passing the Eastern
Conference Championship Banner over to the ORLANDO MAGIC!!!!!!

FACT: History repeats itself, so watch Orlando repeat as the ECChamps.

E-double
#1 Magic Fan

Opinions are my own!!!!

Da Professa

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96

> FACT: History repeats itself, so watch Orlando repeat as the ECChamps.
>

> E-double
> #1 Magic Fan

History repeats itself? Guess we can look forward to another three-peat
by the Bulls. Another Finals MVP for Jordan.
How about Bulls Vs. Lakers? Jordan vs. Johnson again, perhaps?
If not, then another four-game choke by the Magic in the finals.

---Frank Shaw

Gareth Howell

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96

> Seattle?? Excuse me?? The team that went out in the first round for
> two straight years? The only 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed inthe
> playoffs? If anything, they will be the ones struggling in the
> playoffs. Orlando will be fine...trust me.
Umm, aren't they in Detroit's side of the draw so far, and aren't the Pistons
on a mission of vengeance against the Magic ??

> After they beat the Bulls
> in the Conference finals

hahahahahaha-Sorry, thats about the most intelligent thing you guys will
understand.

> and the Lakers in the finals,

Hmm, no what are the odds of the Lakers getting to the finals, they'd have to
get by Houston, Utah and Seattle - Not likely, this season at least.

> you can just puke
> your guts out for all I care.

The average intellect of a tragic fan.

> Master Vader

----
Utah Jazz 1996-'97 Defending Champions
Game 7, Finals
Utah Jazz 132 Chicago Bulls 100

email: Ca...@iafrica.com
voice: +27-11-616-6336

Andrew James Butler

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96

I think Chicago's other name was the "Stags"

: Opinions are my own!!!!

She looked at me as though
I was a side dish she hadn't ordered......

* CCC CCC *
* CCC CCC *
* CCCC ^ ^ CCCC *
* CCCC (o o) CCCC *
* CCCC CCCC *
* CCCC \_____/ CCCC *
* CCCC U CCCC *
* CCCC CCCC *
* CCC CCC *
****************************

Bryan T. Grover

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
tr...@utdallas.edu (T-Rock) wrote:
>mut...@serv.net wrote:
>
>For starters, isn't 'Muttley' that DOG that Dick Dastardly

had? Go
>find your master and do that wheezing laugh at him.

One word: Relevance????

>>Penny is a great player with class...I will give them that

much.

>Thank you, I guess. #1 is my favorite player.

Good call. He has class.

>paint! Shaq's getting better anyway at free-throw shooting, so

please
>don't be so hard on the big guy.

Why? He goes out there and puts himself into the spotlight.

If he wants to dance, he's gonna have to listen to the music,

even when they aren't playing his song. People go mad as hell

trying to do this stuff to Jordan. It's all part of being a

star.

>>Even the music, noises and other crap used to distract

opponents is
>>irritating as hell!

>good 'stage' people at the O-rena are doing their jobs! It is

SUPPOSED
>to irritate you pal - but the correct word isn't irritate,

it's
>INTIMIDATE. There is a difference. If you hate us for that,

you should

He didn't say INTIMIDATE, rock, he said IRRITATE which is

EXACTLY what it does. Don't change words here. In case you

didn't notice, the Bulls weren't intimidated by it today. I do

have a new appreciation for the fans in orlando though, I love

to see devoted fans, even for the magic. Good fans are the

future of this and all sports.

>see a Chicago game at the U.C., if you know what that is.

They're 10
>times as bad than at the O-rena.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! WRONG!!!! I DON'T EVEN THINK

SO!! You just swung and missed on this one my friend. The two

most annoying places in the NBA for noise (I am talking about

that tape recorded crap, not crowd noise) are orlando and

houston. Some of the garbage they play should be disallowed.

It's all a big idolization thing -
>half the Chicago fans think that MJ's a god! That's even some

chump's
>'alias'.
>
>>The final straw was that *** **** timeout that was called

during a
>>blowout for the sake of a stupid statistic that nobody is

going to
>>care about a week later.
>

> Please, DON'T USE GOD'S NAME IN VAIN!!!

Thank you T-Rock, I appreciate this. I agree, the Lord's name

should be left out of this.

>see where you're coming from too - he should have gotten his
>triple-double the "hard" way. But don't axe him so badly.

Why?? Doug Collins got fined for what HE did!!!!! That is not

only apalling, but that is just plain WRONG!!!! The person

writing this original article had the right point, it was in

POOR sportsmanship to do this. Fining the opposing coach for

rightfully protesting this poor sportsmanship is just plain

wrong.

>the game from a different angle - would YOU have done the same

thing?
>Think about it, Mr. Class.

NO!!!! Honestly, truthfully, NO. I wouldn't want to be able

to brag on a t/d without actually earning it. I don't expect

you to believe me, but I am telling you the truth. I like

earning my laurels.

>>It will be satisfying to see Orlando struggle in the

playoffs.

>Struggle? Chicago is gonna burn themselves out over trying to

get 70
>wins. It would be cool to see them get 68 or 69 and then lose!

They're
>tiring themselves out.

Keep dreaming rock man, you like all other people are just

holding your breath. It ain't gonna happen. Okay, let me calm

down. Realistically: The bulls have played 74 games as of

today, they don't seem to show any signs of wearing out. IN

fact, they seem to be getting better. It's one thing to hope

that they lose, and as an opposing fan I expect that from you

especially in your own newsgroup, but I think you need to look

objectively before you make comments like this as it could

seriously injure your reputation as a thoughtful, collected

debater.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Bryan T.

Manny Otero

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
T Rock,

I decided not to quote your entire message because it was so long, but from a Magic fan I just
wanted to say that was the best response I've seen to a flamer in a long time. Keep up the good
work.

Manny

William Wong

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
In <4k1kg8$b...@usafa2.usafa.af.mil> (Paul vB) writes:

>FACT: History repeats itself, so watch Orlando repeat as the ECChamps.

>E-double
>#1 Magic Fan

Yes, and Jimmy Carter will be elected the next president of the United States.