You guys gotta....

1 view

Ian Glover

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

help me out in the houston newsgroup. I do have an interest in the
rockets, yeah to see them lose since my best friend/roommate and my gf are
from houston. but ive been arguing with those idiots for a week and some
guy today said that the rockets have a better starting 5 then the lakers
and were deeper on the bench. basically he said that the only position
where we might be stronger is our starting pg. man, i hate hicks.

Rob Tucker

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

The Rockets are so old that they should all go to an old folks home.
Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
has passed. With Hakeem out until the All-Star break they will be hard
pressed to more than just a .500 ball club. The Lakers have a very solid
starting five. Eddie Jones and Shaq are going to be all stars
again(provided Shaq gets over his injury). Van Exel is one of the most sure
handed point guards in the league, although his shooting can be erratic.
Horry and Fox can both shoot and are very good defenders. The Lakers bench
is probably the best in the league with Bryant, Fisher, Campbell, Rooks,
Bennett and Blount.
The Rockets might face the Lakers in the playoffs but it will be in the
first or second round with the Lakers on the way to a championship and the
rockets on there way to old folks homes.

Rob

PS: I am stuck around hicks too.

Ian Glover <gke...@uclink.berkeley.edu> wrote in article
<65e2fr$fos$1...@agate.berkeley.edu>...

Greg Cooper

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97
to Ian Glover

Ian Glover wrote:

> but ive been arguing with those idiots for a week and some
> guy today said that the rockets have a better starting 5 then the lakers
> and were deeper on the bench.

Look at it this way...any reporter or sports column that is objective will
tell you that the Lakers have the best starting five in the league (and they
are even better when Shaq is healthy). Plus their bench features the highest
scoring non-starter in the league and tough role players at each position.

But I understand how impossible it is to argue with idiots

N/A

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Rob Tucker wrote:

> The Rockets are so old that they should all go to an old folks home.
> Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
> has passed. With Hakeem out until the All-Star break they will be hard
> pressed to more than just a .500 ball club. The Lakers have a very solid
> starting five. Eddie Jones and Shaq are going to be all stars
> again(provided Shaq gets over his injury). Van Exel is one of the most sure
> handed point guards in the league, although his shooting can be erratic.
> Horry and Fox can both shoot and are very good defenders. The Lakers bench
> is probably the best in the league with Bryant, Fisher, Campbell, Rooks,
> Bennett and Blount.

Hear hear! The Rockets are sort of like the bulls at this point - a bunch of DIRTY
OLD MEN. I've always liked the Glide(well, as much as any lakers fan could have
liked anyone from that Portland team), and Hakeem and Charles as well. Very classy
players, certainly more classy than the big three on the bulls. But even still,
they're getting old and it's time to rebuild in Houston.

Go Lakers.

> The Rockets might face the Lakers in the playoffs but it will be in the
> first or second round with the Lakers on the way to a championship and the
> rockets on there way to old folks homes.
>
> Rob
>
> PS: I am stuck around hicks too.
>
> Ian Glover <gke...@uclink.berkeley.edu> wrote in article
> <65e2fr$fos$1...@agate.berkeley.edu>...
> >

> > help me out in the houston newsgroup. I do have an interest in the
> > rockets, yeah to see them lose since my best friend/roommate and my gf
> are

> > from houston. but ive been arguing with those idiots for a week and some

> > guy today said that the rockets have a better starting 5 then the lakers

Jeff Safran

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

In article <01bcf9a7$38278520$0515a8c0@Rob>, rjtu...@ix.netcom.com says...

> The Rockets might face the Lakers in the playoffs but it will be in the
>first or second round with the Lakers on the way to a championship and the
>rockets on there way to old folks homes.

1/8 of the season done and we have trolling "So-Cals" invading the Rockets
newsgroup. LA fans are so quick to point out when everyone else thinks their
team is too good (that Jim Rome myopia syndrome), that they conveniently
ignore how myopic they are with their teams. Did you forget how bad this team
looked against Utah in the playoffs last year? Did you forget how streaky
Nick Van Exel is? Do you realize that Rick Fox is not a major acquisition?

>PS: I am stuck around hicks too.

That's an impressive "take."

Jeff S.

Ray Suarez

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

My suggestion is to blow these guys off. I wouldn't even waste my
time trying to discuss this with the Rocket fans who are clearly
delusional. Anybody who thinks the Rockets are better at ANY position
than the Lakers doesn't even merit a response.

If you do follow-up with them, mention that Barkley himself thinks the
Lakers are untouchable.

Huang Gang

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Ian Glover wrote:

> help me out in the houston newsgroup. I do have an interest in the
> rockets, yeah to see them lose since my best friend/roommate and my gf are
> from houston. but ive been arguing with those idiots for a week and some
> guy today said that the rockets have a better starting 5 then the lakers
> and were deeper on the bench. basically he said that the only position
> where we might be stronger is our starting pg. man, i hate hicks.
>
> --
Just tell them there are no NBA but the 30+ league and All-30 under
league. The Houston is not in the same league with the Lakers.

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

> >Rob Tucker actually wrote:

> > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time

> > has passed. ^^^^^

> > Rob

You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!

-Hector Dominguez

Ian Glover

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

BTW, i am not a So-Cal. I was borned and raised in San Jose and have been
laker fan all my llife. i wasnt trolling. i do have an interest in the
rockets because my best friend and girlfriend is from houston.

Jeff Safran
(jsa...@mail.db.uth.tmc.edu) wrote:
: In article <01bcf9a7$38278520$0515a8c0@Rob>, rjtu...@ix.netcom.com says...

: Jeff S.

vch...@merle.acns.nwu.edu

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Col . Sphinx Drummond (sphinx!@swbell.net) wrote:
> > >Rob Tucker actually wrote:
> > > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
> > > has passed. ^^^^^

> You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!

> What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
> -Hector Dominguez

i don't know, but while you are trying to figure it out, why don't you
spend some time with a grammar manual?

i'm so tired of people searching for spelling mistakes in posts. LET IT
GO!
--
_ _
\\//

Rob Tucker

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

That is the best come back you have. How weak!!!!!!

Rob Tucker

> > > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that
time
> > > has passed. ^^^^^
>

> > > Rob

N/A

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Col . Sphinx Drummond wrote:

> > >Rob Tucker actually wrote:
>
> > > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
> > > has passed. ^^^^^
>
> > > Rob
>
> You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!

Your excessive usage of punctuation says quite a bit about your mental
capabilities.

> -Hector Dominguez

Mata

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Col . Sphinx Drummond wrote:

> > >Rob Tucker actually wrote:
>
> > > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
> > > has passed. ^^^^^
>

> You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
>

> -Hector Dominguez

um, a little anal, aren't we?

Mata

Mata

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Col . Sphinx Drummond wrote:

> > >Rob Tucker actually wrote:
>
> > > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
> > > has passed. ^^^^^
>
> You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
>
> -Hector Dominguez

i've never seen "sheeeesh" in the dictionary.

Mata

JRStern

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

On 26 Nov 1997 10:37:25 -0800, Mata <ma...@usc.edu> wrote:
> i've never seen "sheeeesh" in the dictionary.

Maybe with more e's?

J.

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Rob Tucker wrote:

> That is the best come back you have. How weak!!!!!!
>
> Rob Tucker

How do I know you don't really mean to say, *week*?

As in seven days, dumbass.

-Hector Dominguez

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

vch...@merle.acns.nwu.edu wrote:

> > You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> > What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
> > -Hector Dominguez
>
> i don't know, but while you are trying to figure it out, why don't you
> spend some time with a grammar manual?
>
> i'm so tired of people searching for spelling mistakes in posts. LET IT
> GO!

Yawn...

i'm so tired of dumbasses looking for grammar mistakes in posts. BLOW
IT OUT YOUR FESTERING BUNGHOLE, PUKEWAD!

-Hector Dominguez

Mata

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

en espanol, te llamamos idiota!!!!!

Mata

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

N/A wrote:

> > You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> > What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!

> Your excessive usage of punctuation says quite a bit about your mental
> capabilities.

According to who?

You?

Are you some kind of a psychologist or something?

Just what does excessive punctuation say about one's
mental capibilities? Also, could you explain what mental
capibilities have to do with commenting on professional
basketball? I mean come one my brother, we're talking
about a sport I love, but, for the most part the guys
envolved are no mental giants. A guy with a dead Terrier
on his head, who likes dressing in ladies undies, used to
be the leading announcer. Idiots like Dennis Rodman are
made into icons and the usual suspects like JR Rider and
Allen Iverson are, well, usually guilty. The Laker's fans
are building a trophy case for terminal pretenders. And
you ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT MY MENTAL CAPIBILITIES that you
are doing profiles and analyzing MY PUNCTUATION!?!?! I guess
I'm glad to give you something to do?!?!?!?

BTW, did you get the part about the Laker's being pretenders?
They are, you know it, I know it, anyone with ANY mental capibility
knows it!!!!!!! Rob doesn't know it....

-Hecotre Deminguasse

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Mata wrote:

> > You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
> > What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
> >
> > -Hector Dominguez
>
> um, a little anal, aren't we?
>
> Mata

Yeah. So what. I get tired of having to guess what someone
is attempting to say because they ain't saying it. It's
really not a hard word. T-H-E-I-R. Quite simple, actually.

-Hector Dominguez

Col . Sphinx Drummond

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

>JRStern wrote:

>> On 26 Nov 1997 10:37:25 -0800, Mata <ma...@usc.edu> wrote:

>> i've never seen "sheeeesh" in the dictionary.

I bet you didn't even try to look it up?

Go to the library and check the unabridged dictionary. I'll
bet you find it before you find *their* and *there* having
the same meaning.

> Maybe with more e's?

Funny thing is, *their* is in the dictionary and is located
before *there*. It's not a hard word to learn or spell.

-Hector (who's wondering why he didn't use *they're* there) Dominguez

The Fixxer

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

>"Col . Sphinx Drummond" actually wrote:
>
> > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
>> > has passed. ^^^^^
>
>> > Rob

>You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
>What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
>
>-Hector Dominguez

..............They print dictionaries so that when you fail to make yourself
feel superior due to actual knowledge and strong opinions, you can resort to
feeling superior because you nitpick the minutiae in the expressions of those
hoo have actual knowledge and strong opinions.

Leo Arthur McCulloch Jr.

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 23:28:22 -0600, "Col . Sphinx Drummond" <sphinx!@swbell.net> wrote:

>> >Rob Tucker actually wrote:
>
>> > Hakeem, Clyde, and Chuck were great players in there time, but that time
>> > has passed. ^^^^^
>
>> > Rob
>
>You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
>What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!
>
>-Hector Dominguez

Hector: English seems to be a second language on this news group.

Leo UHLaw 1965

R J Conroy

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

Ok, excuse me but i have to get my 2 cents in here...regarding the comments
made about the lakers being pretenders ?? Upon what do you base this
completely ignorant statement ?? This is a team that has every element to
win it all...good outside and inside, and pretty good defense too...if they
stay healthy long enough...they will win it all this year ! The bulls sure
as hell arent going anywhere without pippen....hes half the reason the bulls
have had success....now they just focus on jordan and the bulls are a
playoff team that will be lucky to get to the second round !
Col . Sphinx Drummond wrote in message <347CC8...@swbell.net>...
>N/A wrote:

>> > You ignorant twit, the word is their. As in *their* time. Sheeeesh!!!
>> > What the hell do they print dictionaries for?!?!?!?!?!

Greg Cohen

Nov 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/30/97

The old teams were the dominating teams in the playoffs last year. The
young teams were home watching TV and playing video games (see Kobe's bio at
nba.com).

GC