Does Reggie Miller deserve Hall of Fame?

umo

Dec 21, 2007, 3:20:35 PM12/21/07
Give this question some thought before you answer. Most basketball
experts will not even consider Dennis Rodman for HOF induction yet his
career accomplishments dwarf Reggie's. Reggie Miller's reputation is
based strictly on his shooting ability yet he never led the league in
scoring. He was among the top 10 scorers only once in his career. Back
in 89-90 he finished at the #8 spot. Reggie never made 1st Team All
NBA. Reggie never made 2nd Team All NBA. Reggie was never Top 20 in
assists or rebounds. Reggie was not a defender. Reggie was a one
dimensional player. Even though scoring was his strong suit there were
lots of guys during his era who were much better scorers. Contrast
that with Rodman's numbers:

* 5 time NBA Champion (1989 & 1990 (Detroit), 1996-98 (Chicago))
* All-NBA Third Team (1992, 1995
* NBA All-Star Team (1990, 1992)
* NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award (1990, 1991)
* NBA All-Defensive First Team (1989-93, 1995, 1996)
* NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1994)
* NBA Top Rebounds Per Game (1992-98)
* NBA Top Rebound Rate (1991-98)
* NBA Top Total Rebounds (1992-94, 1998)
* NBA Top Offensive Rebounds (1991-94, 1996, 1997)
* NBA Top Defensive Rebounds (1992, 1994, 1998)
* NBA Top Field Goal Percentage (1989)

The most fundamental principle in basketball is that defense wins
championships. Rodman is the greatest, most dominating rebounder and
defensive player of his generation. Reggie Miller should not even
sniff the Basketball Hall of Fame until The Wom is enshrined at
Springfield, Massachusetts.

Jeff Dieterle

Dec 23, 2007, 6:57:56 AM12/23/07
hey man you convinced me and I've been a Pacer fan all the way back to the
early 70's when they played at the fairgrounds coliseum and Dr. Dunk was my
neighbor.

"umo" <sho...@gmail.com> wrote in message

SkippyPB

Dec 23, 2007, 11:50:12 AM12/23/07

There's no doubt Reggie Miller should be inducted into the Hall of
Fame. Whether Dennis Rodman goes before or after (and he does deserve
to be in) is irrelevant. Both guys should go in.

Regards,
////
(o o)
-oOO--(_)--OOo-

"Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good,
they smell good, and you'd step over your own
mother just to get one."
---Homer Simpson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve

Jeff Dieterle

Dec 26, 2007, 10:04:48 AM12/26/07
SkippyPB I think you're missing the op's point. Granted they both should get
in. But Rodman's persona even though his stats dwarf Millers won't even get
a nod and Miller will be a shoe-in. So is it the HOF or more correctly
called the HOUnshame?

"SkippyPB" <swie...@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote in message

SkippyPB

Dec 26, 2007, 11:04:52 AM12/26/07
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:04:48 -0600, "Jeff Dieterle"
<djdie...@lhughes.net> wrote:

>SkippyPB I think you're missing the op's point. Granted they both should get
>in. But Rodman's persona even though his stats dwarf Millers won't even get
>a nod and Miller will be a shoe-in. So is it the HOF or more correctly
>called the HOUnshame?

It remains to be seen whether Dennis Rodman gets in or not. Despite
his off court antics, the HOF voters cannot ignore what he did on the
court. A two time all-star, 2 time defensive player of the year, 1st
team all defense 7 times, and he had a career .521 FG%. That and the
other things the OP listed are too hard to ignore.

>> Steve

Regards,
////
(o o)
-oOO--(_)--OOo-

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
--Wernher von Braun