Matt Maloney has musical talent, too!

jme...@raider.grcc.cc.mi.us

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

Hello out there in cyberspace! This is my first posting to Usenet, so I
hope I have done everything correctly (including posting this to the right
newsgroup!) I just wanted to write about a facet of Matt Maloney that we
haven't really heard about - his musical ability. You may know from
NBA.COM that he likes British alternative music, but what you may not
know is that he is also a singer and songwriter. His singing voice sounds
kind of like Bono or Morrissey.

I know this because I wrote music with Matt while he was in Grand Rapids,
MI playing for the CBA team Grand Rapids Mackers (now called Hoops.) He
came into the Supercuts where I work and we got to talking about music. We
then got together and played; me on my keyboard and he on his guitar. We
recorded a lot of stuff on tape and we created a couple good songs out of
the process.

I know Matt would like to pursue music in some way, shape, or form in the
future, but I don't think we'll be seeing a Matt Maloney album any time
soon, given the success he's been having with the Rockets. However, I am
also a singer/songwriter and one of his songs, called "Sanctify," may
appear on my album. (Don't get excited - I have a long way to go before
that happens.)

I wonder if and when he'll be making this talent public, like Shaq. We'll
see. In the meantime, I wish him th best of luck in the NBA - he's sure
earned it!

Jake Messinger
Grand Rapids, MI

Andy

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

jme...@raider.grcc.cc.mi.us wrote:
>Hello out there in cyberspace! This is my first posting to Usenet, so I
>hope I have done everything correctly (including posting this to the right
>newsgroup!) I just wanted to write about a facet of Matt Maloney that we
>haven't really heard about - his musical ability. You may know from
>NBA.COM that he likes British alternative music, but what you may not
>know is that he is also a singer and songwriter. His singing voice sounds kind of like Bono or Morrissey.

I wonder what would happen if he combined his British alternative
style with Brent Price's Christian rock.

Hmmmm, nah I don't think I'd like to hear that.

Andy

Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

In <5edetr$k...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu> Andy <andys...@mail.utexas.edu>
writes:

>jme...@raider.grcc.cc.mi.us wrote:
>>Hello out there in cyberspace! This is my first posting to Usenet, so
>>hope I have done everything correctly (including posting this to the
right
>>newsgroup!) I just wanted to write about a facet of Matt Maloney that
we
>>haven't really heard about - his musical ability. You may know from
>>NBA.COM that he likes British alternative music, but what you may not
>>know is that he is also a singer and songwriter. His singing voice
>>sounds kind of like Bono or Morrissey.

Bono or Morrissey?

>I wonder what would happen if he combined his British alternative
>style with Brent Price's Christian rock.

>Hmmmm, nah I don't think I'd like to hear that.

How 'bout if they got Waymon Tisdale to play bass?

-Sphinx