Pistons at Knicks

SkippyPB

Apr 16, 2015, 9:50:08 AM4/16/15
Except for the 2nd quarter, the Pistons dominated the Knicks and
easliy won the season ending game as we surmised they would.

Now, after the playoffs, will come the restructering. Will the
Pistons attempt to keep Monroe? Will they sign John Lucas, Joel
Anthony, Reggie Jackson, Shawne Williams, Tayshaun Prince or Quincy
Miller to contracts? Who will they target in the draft?

Regards,
--

"He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house."
-- Zsa Zsa Gabor

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve

Grey Matters

Apr 16, 2015, 1:05:38 PM4/16/15
SkippyPB <swie...@Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Except for the 2nd quarter, the Pistons dominated the Knicks and
> easliy won the season ending game as we surmised they would.
>
> Now, after the playoffs, will come the restructering. Will the
> Pistons attempt to keep Monroe? Will they sign John Lucas, Joel
> Anthony, Reggie Jackson, Shawne Williams, Tayshaun Prince or Quincy
> Miller to contracts? Who will they target in the draft?

The first big piece of information comes May 19 with the lottery, and
the Pistons have a 2.8% chance of going #1 and 9.9% chance of going in
the top 3, but in reality they have 0% chance of moving up, because the
standard NBA rule is that the Pistons never move up in the draft, only
down. They've been in the lottery the past 5 years, moved down the past
two years, and 3 of the past 4. They've been in the lottery 10 times,
moved down 5 times, and never once moved up. Over the past 5 years
they've had a 16% chance of a #1 pick and never gotten it, and an over
50% chance of moving into the top 3 and never gotten it.

At any rate, for a good breakdown of the season, it's worth taking a
look at this page -- it does a great job of capturing the ups and downs
of the season. I think it's an open question whether Van Gundy will be
able to iron out the wrinkles.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/4/16/8429353/detroit-pistons-2014-
2015-record-review-infographic-eras