Can Cain keep the winning streak going?

Awesome Giants

Jul 3, 2017, 2:54:38 AM7/3/17
Will Cain keep the streak going, or will he once again be the big
disappointment?

The bad news is this time he'll be pitching on the road, in which his
ERA is 8.31. He's also 0-5 on the road.

The good news is that Detroit is in last place. Surely Cain can handle
a last place team, right?

And with Detroit being an AL team, perhaps they're not that familiar
with Cain's pitching.

Also, Detroit's starter is not much better than Cain. Norris: 4-6,
5.00 ERA, 1.617 WHIP. Maybe the offense will bail out Cain again?

Cain will be pitching on July 4th, Independence Day. Giants fans hope
they won't be seeing the wrong kind of fireworks.

Awesome Giants

Jul 5, 2017, 5:31:29 AM7/5/17
Awesome Giants <Gia...@sf.giants> wrote:

> Cain will be pitching on July 4th, Independence Day. Giants fans
> hope they won't be seeing the wrong kind of fireworks.

So we got the fireworks version, as most of you probably predicted.
The Giants gave Cain an early lead with Pence's HR, and Cain promptly
gave it right back by giving up a HR and then 2 more runs. Then the
Giants bailed him out once again by tying the game with Crawford's 2-
run HR, but as if Cain was determined to lose the game, he immediately
gave up 2 more runs to seal the fate.

The Giants got cained again.

Jon Rossen

Jul 6, 2017, 1:12:46 AM7/6/17
Yep. But Cain fanboys look at that as 'fake news'. In their world, Cain
is the victim. They take what happened to him in his first 3-4 seasons,
pitching for a shitty team, and then extrapolate it to the rest of his
career overlooking the fact that HE is the one who squanders leads and
runs by coughing up damaging HRs left and right. The 'poster boy'
example of that is the 5th game of the NLCS against the Reds. Giants
got him a 6-0 lead in most part by Posey's GS off of Latos and Cain
proceeded to turn it into a nail-biter.

Cain may have been THE HORSE, for some portion of his career. But to be
honest he's really been HORSESHIT for a lot of it as well. It all evens
out.

-jon rossen

Awesome Giants

Jul 6, 2017, 6:15:57 AM7/6/17