Melancon strikes out Piscotti twice and ump refuses to end game, finally he gets a hit and breaks up the shutout and the tying run comes to the plate.

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 20, 2017, 11:39:29 PM5/20/17
First Piscotti swung at a pitch and they called it a no swing. He went a lot further on that pitch than several giants called out this year. Then he puts a ball over the plate, a pitch that has been called a strike all night, called a ball, then he gets a hit. The umps can really make a difference. This game was won twice at 3-0 umps refuse to let giants win.

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 20, 2017, 11:40:18 PM5/20/17
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 11:39:29 PM UTC-4, ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> First Piscotti swung at a pitch and they called it a no swing. He went a lot further on that pitch than several giants called out this year. Then he puts a ball over the plate, a pitch that has been called a strike all night, called a ball, then he gets a hit. The umps can really make a difference. This game was won twice at 3-0 umps refuse to let giants win.

finally we win 3-1 instead of 3-0 almost had our first shutout.

John Walsh

May 20, 2017, 11:54:02 PM5/20/17
A win is a win, and it's the second straight win on the road. Other
than Oshit, the bullpen did fine and the Giants woke up at the right
time. Belt should be horse whipped for being so one dimensional.

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 21, 2017, 2:38:01 PM5/21/17
On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 11:39:29 PM UTC-4, ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> First Piscotti swung at a pitch and they called it a no swing. He went a lot further on that pitch than several giants called out this year. Then he puts a ball over the plate, a pitch that has been called a strike all night, called a ball, then he gets a hit. The umps can really make a difference. This game was won twice at 3-0 umps refuse to let giants win.

Belt is a very good fielder, and he hits in streaks, takes his walks and K's too much. Wish he could just sometimes hit a few line drive base hits opposite field. He is over due for a hot streak.

benf8...@aol.com

May 21, 2017, 6:17:50 PM5/21/17
I dont ever see Belt being any better than Nick Johnson. I would trade him now before his value goes down.

Awesome Giants

May 22, 2017, 9:54:11 AM5/22/17
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

> I dont ever see Belt being any better than Nick Johnson. I would
> trade him now before his value goes down.

That would be nice only if we can find a better replacement, which is a
big if. Despite his negatives, he's been our team leader in HR and RBI
the last 2 years (well last year he was 2 RBI short of Crawford, but
close enough). :-)

When was the last time we had a 1B that we're happy with? :-) I still
remember how much people disliked JT Snow. But the female fans loved
him! LOL.

But I've always been interested to see how Belt would've done if he
plays for the Reds or Rockies. Or Dbacks. Or White Sox.