Bob Sheppard

1 view

Jon Kay

Apr 7, 2001, 3:14:38 PM4/7/01
Anyone else notice Jim Hall has filled in for Sheppard yesterday and
today. Sheppard was there for opening day, must be cutting back his
games.

Kohl516

Apr 7, 2001, 5:54:39 PM4/7/01
Why do they use someone who sounds exactly like Sheppard when Sheppard has a
day off ? Seems like an insult to impersonate one of the best. Sheppard is
unique and should not be impersonated.

( Minor point but the way this season will go this year with the Division
wrapped up by June fans will probably be nit-picking at little things like
this.)

Flicklives

Apr 7, 2001, 11:44:51 PM4/7/01
I saw an interview with Sheppard recently, and he doesn't mind taking a day
or two off, now and again. The man is at least 80, if not older, and has
been at the mike at the Home Office of Baseball since the late 40's. He is
entitled to some time off.

Kohl516 <koh...@aol.com> wrote in message

Tom Kosensky

Apr 8, 2001, 3:31:21 PM4/8/01
In all likelihood, Sheppard probably trained Jim Hall himself, so his
influence is probably what leads Hall to sound somewhat like him when he
announces the players. It probably doesn't bother Sheppard, so it
shouldn't bother us :)

T O M! :)

Vinnie S.

Apr 8, 2001, 4:31:02 PM4/8/01
On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:44:51 -0400, "Flicklives"
<flick...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>I saw an interview with Sheppard recently, and he doesn't mind taking a day
>or two off, now and again. The man is at least 80, if not older, and has
>been at the mike at the Home Office of Baseball since the late 40's. He is
>entitled to some time off.

Not to mention he also did Giants games. And is a retired speech
professor.

Vinnie S.