A missive to Red Sox Fans and other Yankee haters.

1 view

Siofra

Oct 25, 2003, 11:13:33 PM10/25/03
You know what the cool thing about being a Yankee fan is... we can say...
"Damn that really sucks, they played like crap in the World Series... but
Thank god they gave us 4 championships in the recent past... that really
takes the sting out of it."

And that's the truth of it because NY'ers aren't selfish as proven that
we've shared the WS trophy about 67% of the time in the last 80 years. ;)

- Mr.C.J.-

Oct 25, 2003, 11:20:25 PM10/25/03
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:13:33 -0700, "Siofra" <Nospawmsp...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

whatever, you lose!

- Mr.C.J. - S.T.P. - B.H.C. - S.O. - STALKER ORIGINAL -

"...that i could get sold, rolled, and cornholed for
a negotiable price!" - Pilot

-{ http://www.oldtimehardcore.com/biography/stp.asp }-

Siofra

Oct 25, 2003, 11:24:04 PM10/25/03

"- Mr.C.J.-" <C_e_e_j_e_7...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:13:33 -0700, "Siofra"
<Nospawmsp...@hotmail.com>

> whatever, you lose!

Ummm what exactly did I lose?

- Mr.C.J.-

Oct 25, 2003, 11:22:53 PM10/25/03
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:24:04 -0700, "Siofra" <Nospawmsp...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

your anal virginity?...

Robert

Oct 25, 2003, 11:25:04 PM10/25/03
Gee that didn't take long. You forgot " . . . 26 championships . . . ". You
drunken guidos are so predictable.

"Siofra" <Nospawmsp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Siofra

Oct 25, 2003, 11:27:41 PM10/25/03
Hmm wouldn't I have had to play in the game to actually lose? duh....

Siofra

Oct 25, 2003, 11:28:31 PM10/25/03

> >Ummm what exactly did I lose?
> >

> your anal virginity?...

Oh hell I lost that years ago the night you were conceived and your mother
had curious fingers. ;)

Yanni

Oct 25, 2003, 11:34:10 PM10/25/03
Yep. You're right. Keep convincing yourself of that. Sure. Whatever.

Ikema

Oct 25, 2003, 11:36:04 PM10/25/03
ha ha ha

cry for me babe c'mon give me a tear

Tipper Dan

Oct 25, 2003, 11:41:20 PM10/25/03
Game just ended and your already whinning. YANKEES GOT THERE ASS KICKED,
PERIOD!!

Tipper Dan

Oct 25, 2003, 11:46:26 PM10/25/03
Whining, woops, to many victory beers. HaHeHe!

Arnold Kim

Oct 26, 2003, 1:09:51 AM10/26/03

"Siofra" <Nospawmsp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You know what the cool thing about being a Yankee fan is... we can say...
> "Damn that really sucks, they played like crap in the World Series... but
> Thank god they gave us 4 championships in the recent past... that really
> takes the sting out of it."

And that's exactly what I hate about some Yankee fans. You fall back on
your past world championships, as if they meant anything this year.

> And that's the truth of it because NY'ers aren't selfish as proven that
> we've shared the WS trophy about 67% of the time in the last 80 years. ;)

The WS trophy isn't yours to share. You sound as if you just let everyone
else win the rest of the time.

This is exactly the arrogance that pisses off Yankee haters. We all know
your team is a great team; you don't have to be a jerk about it and rub it
in.

Arnold Kim

Don Cooper

Oct 26, 2003, 1:44:59 AM10/26/03

Arnold Kim wrote:

> And that's exactly what I hate about some Yankee fans. You fall back on
> your past world championships, as if they meant anything this year.

> The WS trophy isn't yours to share. You sound as if you just let everyone

> else win the rest of the time.
>
> This is exactly the arrogance that pisses off Yankee haters. We all know
> your team is a great team; you don't have to be a jerk about it and rub it
> in.

Hate away, Arnold. You sound intelligent, so maybe this will make sense.

"Yankee Stadium - Baseball's Home Office"

"It's called The World Series, but it's usually played here."

See, these are the things we hear over and over, every night, on our
broadcasts. It's fun! Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Don

Arnold Kim

Oct 26, 2003, 1:12:26 AM10/26/03

"Don Cooper" <dcoope...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I'm _really_ tired and maybe I'm reading your post wrong (and if so, I
apologize) but it's this "Yankees are the center of the baseball universe"
mentality that really rubs other fans the wrong way.

Your team may win with humility; it would be nice if some of your more
annoying fellow fans would do the same. I've met people who think that your
26 world championships are some kind of a birthright.

Arnold Kim

Firebird

Oct 26, 2003, 6:04:38 AM10/26/03
Take you pinstripes, your ridiculous stadium (bandbox) and go to hell.
Losers!!!!!!!!!!!!
The curse of the GIAMBINO!!!!!!!!!!!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Arnold Kim" <ki...@erols.com> wrote in message

Kenny1111

Oct 26, 2003, 12:45:32 PM10/26/03
In article <bnfol6$cuf$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>, ki...@erols.com says...

You come into a newsgroup to a team that just lost in the World Series
after playing pretty poorly throught the series, where there are 100s of
messages from trolls, and look to pick on the real fans. That's more
pathetic than any arrogance some may have.

Don Cooper

Oct 26, 2003, 12:57:22 PM10/26/03

Arnold Kim wrote:

> I'm _really_ tired and maybe I'm reading your post wrong (and if so, I
> apologize) but it's this "Yankees are the center of the baseball universe"
> mentality that really rubs other fans the wrong way.
>
> Your team may win with humility; it would be nice if some of your more
> annoying fellow fans would do the same. I've met people who think that your
> 26 world championships are some kind of a birthright.

You're a quick study.

Don

CDEWITT Webtv.net

Oct 26, 2003, 1:13:03 PM10/26/03
YOU LOST TO THE MARLINS!!!!!!
HAHA!!!!!

Arnold Kim

Oct 27, 2003, 5:23:38 PM10/27/03

"Kenny1111" <kcya...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I didn't come here to pick on anyone. If you look at my previous posts, I
go out of my way to say how great a team the Yankees are and how much
respect I have for them, even though I don't like them. And I certainly
never said anything bad about the _real_ fans.

However, I _will_ criticize arrogant fans like the original poster who take
winning for granted and carry this "So what? We have 26 World
Championships" attitude even after they lose the WS. That's a very poor
attitude to have, no matter what team you root for, and that's the kind of
people my post was directed towards. If I were a Yankee fan, I certainly
wouldn't appreciate someone like that making us look bad.

To fans like you and others who really appreciate winning and handle losing
with dignity and without a cocky "26 Championships" retort, my hats off to
you, and while I'm glad the Yankees lost, I certainly don't revel in your
misery.

Arnold Kim

Don Cooper

Oct 27, 2003, 5:31:51 PM10/27/03

Arnold Kim wrote:

> I didn't come here to pick on anyone. If you look at my previous posts, I
> go out of my way to say how great a team the Yankees are and how much
> respect I have for them, even though I don't like them. And I certainly
> never said anything bad about the _real_ fans.

Arnold, I may have been a small part of this. It's documented. But
you're not a troll in the Geico / Preparation H sense, or any sense.

I was just trying to explain that we are brought up with that mentality.
Part of the negative influence is Big Stein with his WWE theatrics. But
others who have forged our tradition, from Lou Gehrig to Buck Showalter
and Joe Torre, have been reserved gentlemen.

Even 60-70 years ago, there was this dichotomy with Lou and Babe. I
would have been more of a Lou fan, I have a feeling.

Who's your favorite team? I lost track. :)

Don

Kenny1111

Oct 27, 2003, 6:17:49 PM10/27/03
In article <bnk5th$6pc$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>, ki...@erols.com says...

Sorry, then, for my previous post.. I have a low tolerance at this point
for anything that seems troll-like, since with 100s of messages a day, I
have to find some way to get through them quickly.