Kitchen faucet sprayer

Noel8

Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:32 PM1/19/23
I have been using the typical kitchen sprayer for years. Recently i had to replace it. BTW, plumber installed it. For the first time with this unit I noticed after using the sprayer and shutting off the water when i just want to use either the hot or cold water only, the sprayer 'woke up' and would splash us unexpectedly. This never happened with the previous ones. It seems one has to wait awhile with not using the faucet, to finally set itself off spraying when i turn on the water only again. Any ideas why this happens? we have to make sure not to be in the way of the sprayer in order not to get sprayed.