Mets missed out on another free-agent starting pitcher Friday.

*ernie

Dec 30, 2023, 3:45:21 PM12/30/23
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-reportedly-offered-contract-to-free-agent-all-star-starting-pitcher/ar-AA1meVkM?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=e2c0e4f0651b459fa10a7d0d439e1af1&ei=21

Perhaps I'm skeptical by nature, but where have I seen this script
before? The Mets "just missed out even though they made a competitive
offer" Every top free agent signs elsewhere and then the Mets claim they
thought they made the best offer. Last years free agent signings? They
got dumped rather quick. The luxury tax? This is a multi-billionaire who
knows enough about finance to off-set such a loss

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

Popping Mad

Dec 30, 2023, 10:16:50 PM12/30/23
After seeing how the Mets handled last seasons and flipping all those
players and tossing out Buck, why would anyone want to come here?

tmp

Jan 4, 2024, 4:17:01 PMJan 4
After last season, I can understand the skepticism, but I wouldn't exactly call Lucas Giolito a big miss. He pitched to a 4.88 ERA last year, and his career ERA is 4.43.

The fact that some Mets fans (including Mr. Patience himself, Joe Benigno) are blasting David Stearns already, has to be setting all kinds of records for impatience.

https://fansided.com/posts/mets-fans-turning-on-david-stearns-need-dose-of-reality-01hk5k7ntmn5