90 loss season

Ruben Safir

Dec 3, 2023, 3:28:45 PM12/3/23
This team looks like a 90 loss seson team this year. If the rookies
perform, which they didn't last season, they can reach 85 loses.

Why?

Well, there is no pitching. When they released Louis they released one
of their best pitchers. Megill is a loss and probably not a Major
Leaguer. Same with Peterson and Lucchino. Butto is a middle releiver
at best. So who is pitching?

On the offense, a lot of hoping is an pineing seems to be in order.

If you like teams with low contact and lots of whiffs, this is the team
for you...

Baty had 109Ks and a 275 OBP
Alvarez had 110Ks and a 284 OBP (and a 209 BA)
Alonso 151Ks and 318 OBP
Marte is washed up
Vientos a 253 OBP
Mauricio a 296 OBP
Navaez 283 OBP
Nido - I'm not even looking

The cubbard is bare...

This team has all the punch of the 1969 Mets without a pitching staff.

All these players, slated for regular playing time, are in the Al Weiss
zone of hitting.

There is no point in going over the ballpen.. there is none.

*ernie

Dec 3, 2023, 7:29:04 PM12/3/23
Al Weiss was clutch

> There is no point in going over the ballpen.. there is none.

I'll wait till after the Winter Meetings and FA signings before making
an assessment. I'm not expecting miracles.

Stewart

Dec 15, 2023, 2:49:44 PM12/15/23
90 is on the bright side. It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

Popping Mad

Dec 17, 2023, 12:27:01 AM12/17/23
On 12/15/23 14:49, Stewart wrote:
> 90 is on the bright side.  It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
> lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

Without some support behind he, Alonso is going to end up with Kingman
like number.

Popping Mad

Dec 17, 2023, 12:28:50 AM12/17/23
https://nypost.com/2023/12/14/sports/the-show-podcast-bobby-valentine-talks-ohtani-yamamoto/

I never agree with Joe Beningo, but he is spot on with this...

poppingmad ontherun

Dec 23, 2023, 2:36:49 AM12/23/23
On 12/15/23 14:49, Stewart wrote:
> 90 is on the bright side.  It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
> lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

Not just that, it will be painful to watch. They might as well do a
complete breakdown and trade all the assets.