Opening Day prediction

tmp

Mar 30, 2023, 9:50:15 AM3/30/23
90 wins, and they get to the post season

They have a lot of strengths, but I think that age, injuries, and lack of depth in the pitching staff will keep them from winning as many regular season games as most fans seem to expect. But if reasonably healthy when they get there, the team could do well in the post season, with a chance to win it all. LGM!

Hass

Mar 30, 2023, 2:00:51 PM3/30/23
On Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 8:50:15 AM UTC-5, tmp wrote:
> 90 wins, and they get to the post season
>
> They have a lot of strengths, but I think that age, injuries, and lack of depth in the pitching staff will keep them from winning as many regular season games as most fans seem to expect. But if reasonably healthy when they get there, the team could do well in the post season, with a chance to win it all. LGM!

I predict Verlander will go on the IL... :)

But seriously, 90-92 wins and a spot in the tourney seems about right...a lot depends on Senga this year I think.

tmp

Mar 30, 2023, 3:06:16 PM3/30/23
On Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 2:00:51 PM UTC-4, Hass wrote:
> On Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 8:50:15 AM UTC-5, tmp wrote:
> > 90 wins, and they get to the post season
> >
> > They have a lot of strengths, but I think that age, injuries, and lack of depth in the pitching staff will keep them from winning as many regular season games as most fans seem to expect. But if reasonably healthy when they get there, the team could do well in the post season, with a chance to win it all. LGM!
> I predict Verlander will go on the IL... :)

Crystal ball eh? :-) All teams have pitching injuries, but it's more worrisome with the Mets given their pitchers' ages and the lack of depth, especially having already lost Quintana for at least half the season. Verlander is replaced by Megill, who has looked terrific at times, but so far has either tailed off or broke down when given a starting spot.

> But seriously, 90-92 wins and a spot in the tourney seems about right...a lot depends on Senga this year I think.
I agree. Senga is talented, but has thrown 148 and 111 innings the past 2 seasons. So we'll see....

*ernie

Mar 31, 2023, 3:41:13 PM3/31/23
Except for the pitching, which last year was excellent up until the
middle of September, its the same team as last year (a few tweeks). I
can see same as everyone else, 90-92 wins; not enough to win division.