Jacob deGrom's latest injury confirms Mets made right decision

*ernie

Feb 16, 2023, 3:33:50 PM2/16/23
Spring training is just getting under way, and Jacob deGrom is already
injured. After a recent bullpen session, deGrom told the Rangers medical
staff that he had "tightness" in his right side, per the Dallas Morning
News.

This is just the latest chapter in deGrom's long injury history.

Over the past three seasons, the right-handed ace pitched in only 38
games for the New York Mets because of various injuries.

Despite the extensive injury history, the Rangers signed the two-time NL
Cy Young Award winner to a five-year, $185 million deal in the
offseason. The Mets' contract offer to deGrom was in the ballpark of
three years and $120 million, according to Joel Sherman of the New York
Post.

The Mets' offer to deGrom seemed low at the time — seriously — but his
latest injury reaffirms the team made the right call.

To quote the oldest sports cliché in the book, "the best ability is
availability."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-s-latest-injury-confirms-mets-made-right-decision/ar-AA17xxC6?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0c8ca33af5414d9db55e3f15680a6d88

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

Hass

Feb 20, 2023, 7:51:19 PM2/20/23
Such a relief....if he was still here, we'd all be moaning that the season is over. :) Now, we can just relish the pleasure of watching it happen to someone else.

tmp

Feb 21, 2023, 9:16:50 AM2/21/23
Yes, it sounds all too familiar. He does nice work, but not much of it.

Popping Mad

Mar 15, 2023, 9:18:27 PM3/15/23