Again!

*ernie

Oct 2, 2022, 11:32:06 PM10/2/22
Another seemingly successful season falls flat because the Mets choke at
the very end of the season. The vaunted pitching staff proved to be very
ordinary when it mattered most.

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

*ernie

Oct 5, 2022, 8:42:47 PM10/5/22
On 10/2/2022 11:32 PM, *ernie wrote:
> Another seemingly successful season falls flat because the Mets choke at
> the very end of the season. The vaunted pitching staff proved to be very
> ordinary when it mattered most.

They get a shot at redemption this weekend versus the Padres. I'm not
overconfident.

tmp

Oct 6, 2022, 10:25:16 AM10/6/22
They fell down against the Braves, no doubt about it. The Mets top 3 starters all got beaten up pretty bad, but the hitters have to share the blame too. They got shut down when it counted (as a group, McNeil had a good series).

I hope this Braves series has finally killed the narrative that many have been pushing all season.....that deGrom and Scherzer can win the first 2 games of any series by just throwing their gloves on the mound. Don' t want to hear that one again.

I have no idea what to expect in the playoffs. They'll have to do it the hard way, but ya never know.

*ernie

Oct 6, 2022, 8:47:09 PM10/6/22
They're going with Scherzer , Basset, and then deGrom. Hoping these guys
don't start pitching batting practice for Home Run Derby again. Keep
fingers crossed that the regular season stars don't choke-up in the post
season. It's been known to happen.

tmp

Oct 7, 2022, 2:27:38 PM10/7/22
I'm hoping that getting their butts kicked in the Braves series will motivate them (piss them off), and that they will take it out on the Padres. The Padres did outplay them in the season series, but if you remember the 1988 NLCS vs the Orel Herschiser Dodgers, you know how much that means.

*ernie

Oct 7, 2022, 10:48:21 PM10/7/22
Max Scherzer = Tom Glavine. Enough said.

Message has been deleted

tmp

Oct 8, 2022, 8:31:33 AM10/8/22
He's old, and probably pitching hurt, but if he was too hurt to pitch effectively, then he shouldn't have been out there to begin with. An old pitching staff can be like a house of cards, and here we are.

Just as big a problem is that this team has not been hitting good pitching at all when it counts. Even if Scherzer had given them 7 innings and 2 runs last night, they still would have lost. That doesn't cut it, and they have exactly 1 game left to turn that around.

*ernie

Oct 9, 2022, 12:15:25 AM10/9/22
One gets tired of hearing athletes after a poor performance blaming it
on some previously undisclosed injury. Especially now with wide-spread
legalized sports gambling, these things MUST be reported, for obvious
reasons.

deGrom was good tonight; he was effective when he needed to be. Our
hitters finally hit and despite Otavino's best effort to blow the game,
the Mets prevailed. Chris Bassitt for game 3.

Hass

Oct 9, 2022, 1:18:48 PM10/9/22
And wow, ESPN is just awful. How many times did Ravich refer to Lindor as "Reyes"? The Pads had a clear strategy of delay to throw off deGrom's rhythm and it even worked once in a while. Can't wait for the clock next year. Over 4 hrs for last night...expect the same tonite. Our big 3 all like working fast...gone (thankfully) is the Traschell era :). Finally, get rid of that DJ or sound guy or whoever they had...annoying as fuck between every pitch.

*ernie

Oct 9, 2022, 3:55:29 PM10/9/22
Amen, and I don't need to see a replay of every pitch. Hit a home-run
and they replay it a dozen times. Enough already.

Popping Mad

Nov 4, 2022, 4:00:34 PM11/4/22
On 10/9/22 00:15, *ernie wrote:
> Especially now with wide-spread legalized sports gambling,

That changes NOTHING and if it is, then they need to drive it out of the
game.