Phillies close out Braves and will play Padres

*ernie

Oct 16, 2022, 6:58:35 PM10/16/22
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/phillies-close-out-braves-and-will-play-padres-in-their-first-nlcs-since-2010/ar-AA130Xjf

With the Mets out of it, this is the next best scenario. If the Yankees
lose tonight, that would be hitting the trifecta

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

Hass

Oct 16, 2022, 8:55:23 PM10/16/22
I was rooting for Mariners-Padres in the WS...something 90% of the country wouldn't give two shits about. MLB obviously wanted Dodgers-Yanks, so hopefully I'll at least get Padres-Cleveland. I guess they got what they wanted with the extra games, but I'm sure they're not happy with all the 100+ win NL teams making tee times. The NL WS rep is going to have either 87 or 89 wins...yikes.

tmp

Oct 17, 2022, 8:21:36 AM10/17/22
I found myself pulling for the Phillies, something I'm definitely not used to. Now, on to rooting the Guardians home in Game 5 tonight. Nice middle infield!

tmp

Oct 17, 2022, 8:57:08 AM10/17/22
As far as MLB getting what they wanted with the extra round of playoffs, I guess so..........but after that 4 hour Game 2 of the Mets-Padres series (the game they won), it was a relief in some ways that I wouldn't have to sit through games like that for 4 rounds of playoffs. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm looking forward to the pitch clock next year.

Hass

Oct 17, 2022, 9:26:09 AM10/17/22
Jeez...Rosario and Gimenez combined for 11.3 bWAR...not bad for $5.5MM!!!

Hass

Oct 17, 2022, 9:27:48 AM10/17/22
Oh I'm all-in on the pitch clock...not sure about the pick-off deal. Read somewhere the clock chopped an average 24 min off games in MiLB.