Bobby Bonilla day

Ruben Safir

Dec 15, 2023, 12:46:41 PM12/15/23
Did you see the Otahni deals deferments?

*ernie

Dec 17, 2023, 12:52:23 PM12/17/23
On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:46:39 -0000 (UTC), Ruben Safir
<mrbr...@panix.com> wrote:

>Did you see the Otahni deals deferments?

Read an article today (I think the Post) where they mentioned that
deferment can sometimes back-fire on the player. The health of the
franchise was the main focus and how the city of Los Angeles may not
be the same in twenty or thirty years. As the old saying goes, "You
can't get blood from a rock".

Popping Mad

Dec 18, 2023, 5:25:07 AM12/18/23
On 12/17/23 12:52, *ernie wrote:
> Read an article today (I think the Post) where they mentioned that
> deferment can sometimes back-fire on the player. The health of the
> franchise was the main focus and how the city of Los Angeles may not
> be the same in twenty or thirty years. As the old saying goes, "You
> can't get blood from a rock".

In 2017

Outside of a bankrupcy proceding, I can't see how it can be an issue.
Inflation is the real risk.

Personally, I'm not a believer in this fellow. Two TJ surgeries ... to
me ... makes him a very good DH.

And can you imagine a team with Mike Trout and Otani and Anthony Rendon
and they still go nowhere. That team is seriously snakebit.

in 21017 Andrelton Simmons had a 5.2 DWAR!