deGrom

*ernie

Sep 25, 2022, 3:01:55 PM9/25/22
Not to nitpick, but if you take away the Pirates game on 9/7, each start
is a little less impressive than the one before. Hoping he hasn't peaked
for 2022.

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

tmp

Sep 25, 2022, 7:49:38 PM9/25/22
That's not a nitpick. He has given up 11 earned runs in his last 3 starts for an ERA well over 6. And only averaged 5 innings per start. But as long as this is just a pitching slump (and not due to some injury that we don't know about yet), I'm not too worried. He's his own best pitching coach, and I'd say there's a good chance that he'll pitch much better in his next start against Atlanta (sure as hell hope so anyway).

*ernie

Sep 26, 2022, 9:36:17 AM9/26/22
Amen!

Ruben Safir

Sep 28, 2022, 10:47:06 AM9/28/22
He is not is best pitching coach which is part of the problem. FWIW, I
think he is trying to figure a new method of pitching that doesn't
depend on lighting up the radar gun at 100 and the errors of high octane
mistakes is high octane hits.

Regardless, he is an aging pitcher who seems to not had figured out how
to adjust to that yet, without blowing out his arm.

It took Seaver almost 2 years to make the same adjustment.

Ruben Safir

Sep 30, 2022, 9:09:22 PM9/30/22
I am sick of hearing about strike outs

I want shutouts

*ernie

Sep 30, 2022, 11:38:19 PM9/30/22
On 9/30/2022 9:09 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I am sick of hearing about strike outs
>
> I want shutouts

Gave up 3 more hrs tonight. I understand that all the best pitchers give
up hrs because they're always around the plate. Still. he's gone
overboard. His ERA is now up over 3.00. That didn't last long.