Jacob deGrom signs $185 million contract with Texas

*ernie

Dec 2, 2022, 11:00:28 PM12/2/22
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-signs-185-million-contract-with-surprising-al-team/ar-AA14QKGY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=75cde0bb8c6f4315b041dff9425079ff

It's a five year deal coming to 37M a year. I'm surprised the Mets
didn't go higher. The assumption must be he's still hurt.

--
ernie k.
already...@hotmail.com

tmp

Dec 3, 2022, 8:36:38 AM12/3/22
FWIW, according to this article, he didn't wait around for a final offer from the Mets:
https://metsmerizedonline.com/jacob-degrom-signs-five-year-deal-with-rangers/

And he's going to a team that won 68 games last year, so who knows what the motivation was for him.
Time to move on...

Popping Mad

Dec 3, 2022, 9:42:01 AM12/3/22
On 12/2/22 23:00, *ernie wrote:
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-signs-185-million-contract-with-surprising-al-team/ar-AA14QKGY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=75cde0bb8c6f4315b041dff9425079ff
>

> It's a five year deal coming to 37M a year. I'm surprised the Mets
> didn't go higher. The assumption must be he's still hurt.

Resigning Nimo was more important

Hass

Dec 5, 2022, 6:18:01 AM12/5/22
5 years, maybe 6 with 70 or so starts? No thanks. Good for him collecting his money but Texas is going nowhere.

Ruben Safir

Dec 5, 2022, 2:43:01 PM12/5/22
*ernie <already...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jacob-degrom-signs-185-million-contract-with-surprising-al-team/ar-AA14QKGY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=75cde0bb8c6f4315b041dff9425079ff
>

> It's a five year deal coming to 37M a year. I'm surprised the Mets
> didn't go higher. The assumption must be he's still hurt.

Honestly, I think DeGrom has been playing them the last 2 years

*ernie

Dec 6, 2022, 10:41:41 PM12/6/22
There have been whispers from some in the medical field that his problem
lies between his ears, not his arm.

Popping Mad

Dec 8, 2022, 7:47:51 AM12/8/22
On 12/6/22 22:41, *ernie wrote:
> There have been whispers from some in the medical field that his problem
> lies between his ears, not his arm.

There are romours that he saw what happened with Matt Harvey and too
that in to mean that he should just protest injury when he doesn't like
his contract and stop playing.

Popping Mad

Dec 11, 2022, 4:17:42 PM12/11/22

Hass

Dec 15, 2022, 10:01:56 AM12/15/22
Why wouldn't he? He left an owner committed to win to a probably 77-win 4th place team ...but hey, no state income tax, right? Outside of a 30 mile radius, nobody gives 2 shits about the Texas Rangers...Jake apparently doesn't care about winning...more power to him.