Harper potential 300/300 this year

Thomas R. Kettler

Sep 27, 2015, 7:04:45 PM9/27/15
Since we have nothing more substantial to discuss, I'll bring up the
following: Bryce Harper has a solid chance to have the first 300/300
(Times on Base/Total Bases) season in Montreal Expos/Washington
Nationals history.

He already has 331 Total Bases while he has 169 Hits, 123 Walks and 4
HBP's for 296 Times on Base. He just needs four more Times on Base to
reach 300.

<http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harpebr03.shtml>

The closest anyone has come to reaching 300/300 in franchise history is
Vladimir Guerrero in 2002 when he had 364 Total Bases (leading the NL)
but only 206 Hits, 84 Walks and 6 HBP's for 296 Times on Base total.

<http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/guerrvl01.shtml>

300/300 involves both of the most important jobs for a batter: reaching
base and advancing runners.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.