OK, Now THIS is Historic

Chuck Hildebrandt

Apr 5, 2003, 4:36:30 PM4/5/03
Five games, four runs, sixteen hits.

In order of games played: four hits; three hits; three hits; three hits;
three hits.

Amazing.

This is not just, "Tigers suck". This is ineptitude of historic
proportions. I cannot imagine that any other team in the history of major
league baseball ever got only sixteen hits over five consecutive games ...
or even went five straight games without getting as many as five hits in a
game, even once.

I think it is just as amazing that I saw nothing in the media about the
first four games/thirteen hits phenomenon, or the mention of a potential
record being set, or anything like that. But it's got to come up tonight
and tomorrow, don't you think?

I'm there at Comiskey Cellular tomorrow, during which I might see something
historic occurring -- the Tigers getting five hits in a game, for instance.

This is actually interesting.

Chuck

Casimir J. Koralewski

Apr 6, 2003, 9:09:22 AM4/6/03
>From: "Chuck Hildebrandt" mcm...@enteract.com
>Date: 4/5/2003 5:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>Five games, four runs, sixteen hits.
>
>In order of games played: four hits; three hits; three hits; three hits;
>three hits.
>
>Amazing.

I don't think we've ever seen this kind of consistancy before.

Casimir

"You know the world is off tilt,
when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest
basketball player is Chinese,
and Germany doesn't want to go to war."

-Charles Barkley

SkippyPB

Apr 6, 2003, 11:43:30 AM4/6/03
On 06 Apr 2003 13:09:22 GMT, cas...@aol.comatPoland (Casimir J.
Koralewski) enlightened us:

Really and its nice the way they've spread the three hits around as
well. A real team effort.

Regards,

////
(o o)