playing out the string

1 view

Frank Sereno

Sep 21, 2021, 9:11:41 AM9/21/21
12 games left for the 2021 Cubs. The good news, the Cubs can't
lose 100 games this season because the most they can lose is 95.
Hooray. Closer to last than first. Hooray. Cubs aren't going to
rebuild, but retool. That's big promises from a team with zero
starting pitching now that Hendricks has imploded and no star
position players. Well, maybe Contreras, but he didn't have a
great season. Are Wisdom and Schwindel the real deal or will they
turn into flashes in the pan like Ryan Theriot and Addison Russell?

It appears that the Cubs need to spend a large fortune on free
agents to fix their problems and I don't see Ricketts opening up
the purse strings enough to make this team a championship
contender. Maybe the Cubs will learn that players won't want
their money. That's the way it worked out for the Bulls in the
late 90's and 2000's.

So let's say thanks for the memories, but my interest in the Cubs
is near zero.