The Flubs

1 view

Frank Sereno

Aug 18, 2021, 12:41:47 PM8/18/21
I am so disappointed the Iowa Cubs could not break the franchise
record 14 game losing streak. I guess it's too bad that old Jed
couldn't find a taker for Hendricks.

Supposedly the plan is to be a big player in free agency this
winter. I'm wondering if the team will experience some blow back
a la the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls jettisoned their core after the
6th championship rather than give them a chance to fail on the
court. The brain trust had a plan to restock the team with free
agents. And then they couldn't sign anyone of importance. Because
the entire league watched how the Bulls treated their best players.

The Cubs didn't want to pay their stars. Kris Bryant apparently
still holds a grudge over that whole 12 days charade. How did
that extra year of control work out for the Cubs anyway? Maybe
the Cubs will throw a ton of money at free agents and they'll
come running with dollar signs in their eyes. I just don't see
Ricketts going all in.

Anyway, there's still time to break that record! Go for it
Flubbies. I won't be watching.