Padres agree to deal for Darvish, Caratini (sources)

Band Beyond You

Dec 29, 2020, 5:33:31 AM12/29/20

Frank Sereno

Dec 29, 2020, 12:26:18 PM12/29/20
On 12/29/2020 4:33 AM, Band Beyond You wrote:
> Ugh...
>
> https://www.mlb.com/news/yu-darvish-trade-padres-cubs

Yes, the Cubbies are going to suck this year. And since there
were two shortstops in the deal, does that mean Baez is on the
block now? Maybe Baez goes and Bryant stays? I kind of thought
the Darvish trade was dead when the Padres got Snell.

Davies appears to be a solid 2 or 3 starter, he will turn 28
before the start of the 2021 season. No doubt he is a lot cheaper
than Darvish.

Santana could be a decent hitter but he had a lot of errors in
the field. Just turned 20 so probably destined for A ball if it
exists any longer.

Little info on Preciado. He's just 17 so several years away from
Wrigley.

Not much on Caissie, age 18, left-handed stick, throws right,
plays outfield. Good size at 6'4", plays outfield. Drafted last
year so no minor league stats thanks to Covid.

Ismael Mena just turned 18 last month, bats left, throws left and
plays the outfield. 6'3", 185.

None of these guys were top 10 prospects in the San Diego system.
They were listed as 11, 13, 15 and 16. So maybe one or two of
them makes the show. So maybe it's the best the Cubs could get or
maybe it's just a salary dump. The Cubs are still short a couple
of starting pitchers.

Band Beyond You

Dec 30, 2020, 9:39:44 AM12/30/20

Frank Sereno

Jan 2, 2021, 2:16:00 AM1/2/21
On 12/30/2020 8:39 AM, Band Beyond You wrote:

I gotta say, Rizzo does not look good with corn rows. He seems to
be enjoying his winter break. I wonder when MLB will announce the
start dates for spring training?