What kind of 0-2 pitch was that!!!

Eric Margheim

May 1, 2005, 3:37:10 PM5/1/05
Dang Mark.

Patrick Michael

May 1, 2005, 3:39:36 PM5/1/05

"Eric Margheim" <NOSPAM*keysm...@charter.net*SPAMMENOT> wrote in message
news:Pdade.30986$QR1....@fe04.lga...
> Dang Mark.

That pitch is what I like to refer to as "the hawkins." Oops, looks like
Mark just offered up another "hawkins" to Adam Everrett. Well, this game
can get turned off now.

Daniel M. Lichtenstein

May 1, 2005, 3:46:24 PM5/1/05

Patrick Michael wrote:

And yesterday's bullpen mismanagement comes back to haunt us today.
After the grand slam and before the three run homer there were three
chances to bring in a reliever. Had Baker done so, we may be looking at
a two run deficit rather than a five run deficit. But Novoa, Wuertz and
Remlinger are unavailable.

Sorry but I'd rather have Don Baylor back.

DmL

Message has been deleted

Patrick Michael

May 1, 2005, 3:56:33 PM5/1/05

<bubbam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Isn't time for you to post that the season is over.

I think you're too easily offended, Bubba.

Doug Kasper

May 1, 2005, 6:26:41 PM5/1/05
>>there were three chances to bring in a reliever.

Other than the bad 0-2 pitch that Prior threw, why would you bring in a
reliever?
Isn't that a situation where you let your ACE pitcher get out of the jam,
possibly qualify for
the win? Before Everett's homer, it was 5-3 and still anyone's game.

"Daniel M. Lichtenstein" <"Daniel M. Lichtenstein"> wrote in message

Daniel M. Lichtenstein

May 1, 2005, 7:29:38 PM5/1/05

Doug Kasper wrote:

>>>there were three chances to bring in a reliever.
>

> Other than the bad 0-2 pitch that Prior threw, why would you bring in a
> reliever?
> Isn't that a situation where you let your ACE pitcher get out of the jam,
> possibly qualify for
> the win? Before Everett's homer, it was 5-3 and still anyone's game.

I would've left him in for another batter, maybe two (after the grand
slam), but Prior buried himself with the Everett HR. You leave him in to
try to get out of the jam that resulted in Mike Lamb's grand slam. He
didn't get out of that jam, why let him try to get out of the second one?

DmL

Message has been deleted

Patrick Michael

May 2, 2005, 8:05:37 AM5/2/05

> I'm not offended. Just looking at history.

If my light-hearted post actually provoked that type of resposne from you,
I'd say you were offended, and rather easily.

Message has been deleted

Patrick Michael

May 2, 2005, 2:03:25 PM5/2/05

> On Mon, 2 May 2005 07:05:37 -0500, "Patrick Michael"

> <heism...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>><bubbam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm not offended. Just looking at history.
>>
>>If my light-hearted post actually provoked that type of resposne from you,
>>I'd say you were offended, and rather easily.
>>

> Who's offended?

You.