minors

Tom Benton

Apr 25, 2013, 6:57:51 AM4/25/13
The Sox don't seem to have much of anyone in the minors who is likely
to be of any help in the near future. All these young outfielders
seem to have trouble making contact and it looks like there are only a
couple of pitchers, and AA for that matter, that look like they might
help at some point in the foreseeable future.

_

Miekyndatown

May 13, 2013, 5:51:24 PM5/13/13
Kind of odd that they played well enough to compete in the AAA playoffs. You'd think they'd have a strong up & coming group of players. However it's pretty clear that this W.S. team isn't going anywhere this year and the future doesn't look any better. I hope I'm wrong, but they lost A.J. and Kevin and didn't find an equivelent replacement.

T51

Sep 13, 2013, 5:24:48 AM9/13/13
On Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:57:51 AM UTC-7, Tom Benton wrote:
> The Sox don't seem to have much of anyone in the minors who is likely to be of any help in the near future. All these young outfielders seem to have trouble making contact and it looks like there are only a couple of pitchers, and AA for that matter, that look like they might help at some point in the foreseeable future. _

And to think that Charlotte was in the 2012 AAA World Series....

Tom Benton

Sep 14, 2013, 10:13:37 AM9/14/13
This year, at least, Charlotte looked to be a team of career minor
leaguers. Not much there that we can expect to be of help in the near
future.

_

T51

Oct 1, 2013, 6:21:44 PM10/1/13
That's peculiar. The team that topped the Knights to win last year's AAA world series, Reno (Aces, PCL/Diamondbacks) really sucked this year as well. I saw them a few times this year - they even tried Mark Teahen for about 3 weeks at the start of the season. I hadn't kept up AA. At least the young arms are getting some MLB experience and by observing the box scores, they're not horrific.