The BIZARRE TELEVISION DRAMA at the 1995 World Series

Terrence Clay

Oct 9, 2022, 4:36:04 PM10/9/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndq1sLZX6oc

Imagine ABC not showing the start of the World Series because they had to show the ending to a Big West football game between Nevada and Louisiana Tech. Well, in 1995, that's exactly what happened when KOLO, the ABC affiliate in Reno, Nevada, missed the start of game one of the 1995 World Series between the Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians, in a reverse Heidi Game situation. This is the story behind the broadcasting controversy

*ernie

Oct 12, 2022, 10:59:45 PM10/12/22
On 10/9/2022 4:36 PM, Terrence Clay wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndq1sLZX6oc
>
> Imagine ABC not showing the start of the World Series because they had to show the ending to a Big West football game between Nevada and Louisiana Tech. Well, in 1995, that's exactly what happened when KOLO, the ABC affiliate in Reno, Nevada, missed the start of game one of the 1995 World Series between the Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians, in a reverse Heidi Game situation. This is the story behind the broadcasting controversy

That's a story that never made its' way north. That must have been a
bummer. I remember the Heidi Bowl and controversy afterwards. That was
probably worse because it was the end to what had been a very exciting
game.