Mark Levin shreds Super Bowl for "soft porn" halftime show, asks what happened to #MeToo?

Ubiquitous

Feb 7, 2020, 7:11:16 AM2/7/20
Mark Levin, talk radio host and host of Life, Liberty & Levin on Fox
News, denounced the "raunchy" Super Bowl halftime show that showcased
Latino performers Jennifer Lopez and
Shakira.

While the show was widely praised in today's pop culture, it mimicked a
strip show, complete with crotch grabbing and a stripper pole - all the
while, as children looked on.

Levin went so far as to call the not-so-family-friendly show "soft
porn."

Half-time Hypocrisy

In the era of #metoo, how can a soft-core Half-time Show be
heralded as a good thing?

See why they call Mark, "The Great One"!
https://t.co/ICZsTSMn7z pic.twitter.com/EwO28nDLSq

- LevinTV (@LevinTV) February 3, 2020

"That halftime show - you've heard a lot about it - to me was really
raunchy," he said. "If I was sitting there with an 8-year-old or a 12-
year-old, or even my kids now, my grandkids,
watching that halftime show, I would have been embarrassed, It was
disgusting."

The show was highly sexual, and J-Lo looked incredible for a nearly
naked woman of 50. At the same time, she let her 11-year-old daughter,
Emme Maribel Mu¤iz, join her on stage.

"It was soft porn," Levin said, citing the costumes worn and the crotch
grabbing.

#JLO ON THE POLE DURING WAITING FOR TONIGHT WAS HEAVENLY
pic.twitter.com/JSdNmXLJ8U

- Eli Exotic ??ø? (@ElixExotic) February 3, 2020

He asked a very relevant question, "Whatever happened to the #MeToo
movement?"

"I don't understand this. This is what the NFL puts on at halftime?"
Levin continued. "This is what Hollywood cheers? This is what the
entertainment industry cheers?"

Of course, the NFL opted to showcase OJ Simpson, widely seen as a
double murderer, even if a pricey legal dream team did get him off for
killing his ex-wife and a friend of hers, in
an opening tribute to the game.

Levin's concerns about the sexuality of the halftime show didn't even
touch on the political messaging, like when J-Lo busted out the Puerto
Rican flag, which many saw as a middle
finger to President Trump, or the "Latin children in cages."

As for the hypocrisy Levin highlighted, Lopez posted a video on
Instagram with her daughter before the halftime show began.

So, just before she took to the stage to effectively objectify women as
little more than the sum of their scantily clad bodies, Lopez talked
about little girls using their voices.

"These moments were captured just minutes before we hit the stage last
night," she wrote. "All I want my girls, the little girls on stage with
me and all over the world to know is how
to use their voices and be proud of everything they are. We are proud
to recognize that all of us together are what makes this beautiful
country truly great."

The left's response to the controversy was to say the performance was
"empowering," that Lopez and Shakira were simply celebrating their
bodies - hell, they even tried to legitimize
the use of a stripper pole by suggesting it's an effective fitness
alternative.

This being the same cabal that sells open borders and a disarmed public
as a positive step forward.

One thing is certain, Levin was far from being alone in the concerns he
spoke of:

Franklin Graham
I don't expect the world to act like the church, but our
country has had a sense of moral decency on prime time TV in
order to protect children. We see that disappearing before
our eyes. It was demonstrated in tonight`s @Pepsi #SuperBowl
Halftime Show-w/millions of kids watching.

Janice Dean
Am I a prude to say I'm kinda glad my 11 year old and 9 year
old boys didn't watch the halftime show? I don't really want
to have to explain a stripper pole just yet...

Brad Keselowski
From @PaigeKeselowski "I don't think our kid should be
watching this..."#SuperBowlHalftimeShow

Ned Ryun
The dissonance last night during Super Bowl was pretty
pronounced: we had ads pushing women's equality, women's
empowerment. Then we had a show objectifying women as they
were grinding & thrusting, twirling on stripper poles on
stage during halftime. . . OK, Left, you do you. . .

Ian Miles Cheong
The SuperBowl half time show was a celebration of degeneracy.
I couldn't care less if people display their sexuality however
they please, but let's not pretend there's anything classy
about stripper poles and twerking.

Sara A. Carter
Hey @NFL & @nflcommish how do you answer this question?

"Mommy, what's a stripper pole?" || #SuperBowlLIV

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.