Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

Re: Track and field's governing body will exclude transgender women from female events

0 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

K Bosman

no llegida,
23 de març 2023, 22:35:0323/3/23
On 05 Dec 2021, Bob Duncan <bob7d...@gmail.com> posted some

> Anonymous wrote
>
>> Cheating faggots! Women should be thankful!

World Athletics, which oversees track and field internationally, announced
Thursday it will exclude transgender women from competing in female
events.

The council said the ruling applies to transgender athletes who have gone
through "male puberty." It will go into effect on March 31, which is also
the Transgender Day of Visibility.

World Athletics said there are no current transgender athletes competing
internationally in athletics and admitted there's "no athletics-specific
evidence of the impact these athletes would have on the fairness of female
competition in athletics."

Additionally, World Athletics also decided that athletes with differences
in sexual development will be required to reduce their testosterone levels
between a limit of 2.5 nanomoles per liter for a minimum of 24 months to
compete internationally in the female category for any event – not just
events that were previously restricted like the 400-meter to one-mile
races.

Sebastian Coe, the organization's president, said in a statement that the
council vows to "maintain fairness for female athletes above all other
considerations. We will be guided in this by the science around physical
performance and male advantage which will inevitably develop over the
coming years. As more evidence becomes available, we will review our
position, but we believe the integrity of the female category in athletics
is paramount."

However, the ruling is already receiving pushback.

Hudson Taylor, founder and executive director of Athlete Ally, a nonprofit
LGBTQ athletic advocacy group, said they were "beyond devastated" over
World Athletics' ruling. Taylor pointed to research from the Canadian
Centre for Ethics in Sport, which found that transgender women who have
undergone testosterone suppression have "no clear biological advantages"
over cis women in elite sports.

Chris Mosier, who in 2020 became the first known transgender athlete to
compete in the Olympic trials in the gender they identify, said in a
statement that rulings like these have a "trickle down effect to other
policies," referring to legislation within the U.S. that would ban trans
athletes.

"The real impact will be felt by youth athletes around the world who are
now unable to pursue their athletic dreams, and who are bombarded with
messages from sports organizations and lawmakers telling them that they do
not belong and don't deserve the same opportunities as their peers to
experience the joy, connections, and camaraderie that comes with playing
sports," Mosier said.

Aside from track and field, World Athletics governs cross-country running,
road running, race walking, mountain running and ultra running.

In the same announcement on Thursday, the World Athletics said it will
lift its doping ban on Russia, but it will remain excluded from
international competition because of the country's invasion of Ukraine.
The sanction also includes athletes from Belarus.

<https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-athletics-exclude-transgender-women-
female-track-and-field/>

Ed Rhodes

no llegida,
24 de març 2023, 12:37:0324/3/23
Testosterone suppression? With all its side effects? Why not just
hack their nuts off?
--

Die Juden sind unser Unglück.
- Heinrich Gotthard Freiherr von Treitschke (1834-1896)

Scout

no llegida,
24 de març 2023, 13:30:4624/3/23

"Ed Rhodes" <ejay...@yahoo.con> wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 03:33:52 +0100 (CET), K Bosman
> <ema...@earthlink.com> wrote:
>
>>On 05 Dec 2021, Bob Duncan <bob7d...@gmail.com> posted some
>>
>>> Anonymous wrote

>>World Athletics, which oversees track and field internationally, announced
>>Thursday it will exclude transgender women from competing in female
>>events.
>>
>>The council said the ruling applies to transgender athletes who have gone
>>through "male puberty." It will go into effect on March 31, which is also
>>the Transgender Day of Visibility.
>>
>>World Athletics said there are no current transgender athletes competing
>>internationally in athletics and admitted there's "no athletics-specific
>>evidence of the impact these athletes would have on the fairness of female
>>competition in athletics."

Really? None? Well, then allow me. 2 minutes research...

"6 Conclusions
We have shown that under testosterone suppression regimes typically used in
clinical settings, and which comfortably exceed the requirements of sports
federations for inclusion of transgender women in female sports categories
by reducing testosterone levels to well below the upper tolerated limit,
evidence for loss of the male performance advantage, established by
testosterone at puberty and translating in elite athletes to a 10-50%
performance advantage, is lacking. Rather, the data show that strength, lean
body mass, muscle size and bone density are only trivially affected. The
reductions observed in muscle mass, size, and strength are very small
compared to the baseline differences between males and females in these
variables, and thus, there are major performance and safety implications in
sports where these attributes are competitively significant."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40279-020-01389-3

So much for that lame ass assertion.

Governor Swill

no llegida,