Hockey Collectibles & Memorabilia Marketplace SgOiOgJa8

hockey

Nov 24, 2006, 1:01:07 PM11/24/06

t592...@telus.net

Jan 6, 2007, 6:17:33 AM1/6/07
So anyone want to trade Hockey Cards or something?

"hockey" <8C...@11P0C7.com> wrote in message

t592...@telus.net

Jan 11, 2008, 1:40:17 AM1/11/08
key, the attractive virtue of a hook.

56. To guess: "The part that I take in your trouble." The Cardinal did not
want to be guessed.

"My mind is disquieted." I am disquieted is better.

57. I always feel uncomfortable under such compliments as these: "I have
given you a great deal of trouble," "I am afraid I am boring you," "I fear
this is too long." We either carry our audience with us, or irritate them.

58. You are ungraceful: "Excuse me, pray." Without that excuse I would not
have known there was anything amiss. "With reverence be it spoken..." The
only thing bad is their excuse.

59. "To extinguish the torch of sedition"; too luxuriant. "The restlessness
of his genius"; two superfluous grand words.

SECTION II: THE MISERY OF MAN WITHOUT GOD

60. First part: Misery of man without God.

Second part: Happiness of man with God.

Or, First part: That nature is corrupt. Proved by nature itself.

Second part: That there is a Redeemer. Proved by Scripture.

61. Order.--I might well have taken this discourse in an order like this: to
show the vanity of all conditions of men, to show the vanity of ordinary
lives, and then the vanity of philosophic lives, sceptics, stoics; but the
order would not have been kept. I know a little what it is, and how few
people understand it. No human science can keep it. Saint Thomas did not
keep it. Mathematics keep it, but they are useless on account of their
depth.

62. Preface to the first part.--To speak of those who have treated of the
knowledge of self; of the divisions of Charron, which sadden and weary us;
of the confusion of Montaigne; that he was quite aware of his want of method
and shunned it by jumping from subject to subject; that he sought to be
fashionable.

His foolish project of describing himself! And th