Looking for best snorkel sites in Puerto Vallarta... trip planned for end of May.

Motorman4Life

Mar 28, 2008, 12:58:11 AM3/28/08
Hello, I am new to snorkeling and I recently decided to purchase basic
equipment for my g/f and I for an upcoming trip to Puerto Vallarta. We
rented equipment in Maui last year and really enjoyed ourselves. We
will be staying at a timeshare in Nuevo Vallarta and we have never
vacationed in Mexico before.

I was hoping we could have the pleasure of swimming with a pod of
dolphins and I have been told by a few people that they had that
experience in PV 8-10 years ago. I have also read (online) information
on locations with large numbers of sea turtles and beautiful shallow
reefs in that area.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience snorkeling in PV and
if they had any tips as to tour or boat operators, locations, times of
day and anything else that might help us get the most for our time and
money.