1940's Brunswick-Colander Anniversary pool table

Charlie Bustamante

Aug 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/12/95
I saw an old table I'm interested in buying. It is a 1940's Brunswick-????-Colander.
One of the legs had a sticker which read "Aniversary pool table" and then listed several
patents. It has a roundish look to it with polished aluminum corners and plastic pockets.
The wood on the has several tan colored horizontal stripes. Pretty beat up.

Does anyone have any idea what this table is worth? The man claims that is a collectors
item.

Thanks
--
Charlie Bustamante char...@nando.net post here or send me email please

@hpcvsnz.cv.hp.com Joey Hurt

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
to char...@nando.net
There are several models of the Anniversary table you speak of. The
value of them varies somewhat. The most collectable are the Cenntennial
models which have annodized aluminum skirts and matching aluminum bands
around the pedestal legs which are less oval in appearance. A premium
condition 9 foot should bring 3 to 5k. Then there are the early model
tables which have oval pedestals with no aluminum bands and the corner
castings and rail connections are made with 2 wood screws vertically
attached and a horizontal bolt. These are the least desireable in that
they are less stable than later DC models which have a single bolt
attachment at an angle which is much more stable and have the aluminum
bands on the pedastals. Rails can be either formica or wood. The
formica will fade and wear through to white if over used or cleaned with
harsh cleansers but keeps a very sharp appearance and doesn't dent as
easily as wood. The wooden skirts on either model will always tend to
split due to there design. These could go for as little as 1k to as much
as 3k depending on condition and where you are located. A billiard
mechanic in MN says he picks them up occasionally for 800 and revamps
them to sell for 1500 to 2000 while in Arizona a guy says he can get
4000. These are in my opinion superior to the gold crowns and better
looking. I currently have 10 of them and would like to buy more if you
don't buy let me know because I'm interested.
Good luck,
Jeff Boatwight

keithko...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 12:33:00 PM3/25/14
Do u no of a Brunswick back and collinder with square box look legs no plate or metal on the table looks like the names are engraved in the wood

venic...@gmail.com

May 24, 2016, 9:03:15 PM5/24/16
I have several pool tables that I found in my 98 year old grandma's old pool hall that belonged to her dad.If someone can help me find out what I have and what they are worth, I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you, Debbie
debs_...@yahoo.com