Horse Racing: Odds Calculator

Ion Saliu

Dec 22, 2017, 2:20:31 PM12/22/17

Axiomatic one, I offer a free odds calculator to all racing enthusiasts. The probability calculator has a module named, well, Horses. Here is an example:

• The odds in horse racing, 20 horses in the race:
• to win probability (top 1) -> 1 in 20
• exacta probability (top 2) -> 1 in 380
• trifecta probability (top 3) -> 1 in 6840
• superfecta probability (top 4) -> 1 in 116280
• quinfecta probability (top 5) -> 1 in 1860480

The horse-racing odds calculator can be downloaded as a zip file:

http://saliu.com/freeware/OddsCalculator.zip

A dedicated Web page presents the calculator and the trifectas generator as well:

http://saliu.com/gambling-lottery-lotto/odds-generator.html

Best of luck! Merry Christmas from the founder of Mathematical Atheism!

Ion Saliu

Ion Saliu

Aug 13, 2018, 12:14:14 PM8/13/18
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 2:20:31 PM UTC-5, Ion Saliu wrote:
> Axiomatic one, I offer a free odds calculator to all racing enthusiasts. The probability calculator has a module named, well, Horses. Here is an example:
>
> • The odds in horse racing, 20 horses in the race:
> • to win probability (top 1) -> 1 in 20
> • exacta probability (top 2) -> 1 in 380
> • trifecta probability (top 3) -> 1 in 6840
> • superfecta probability (top 4) -> 1 in 116280
> • quinfecta probability (top 5) -> 1 in 1860480
>
> The horse-racing odds calculator can be downloaded as a zip file:
>
> http://saliu.com/freeware/OddsCalculator.zip
>
> A dedicated Web page presents the calculator and the trifectas generator as well:
>
> https://saliu.com/gambling-lottery-lotto/odds-generator.html
>
> Best of luck! Merry Christmas from the founder of Mathematical Atheism!
>
> Ion Saliu

The odds are always correlated to the horse-racing statistics for races of the same formats (e.g. 20 horses per race.)

saliu.com/horseracing-stats.html
• Horse Racing Stats: The Best, Most Common Winning Horse Numbers, Triple Crown History.

Therefore, the best statistical format is race per race, especially in the Triple Crown.

saliu.com/kentucky-derby-winners.html
• Kentucky Derby Results, Past Winning Horse Numbers Ranked by Wins

saliu.com/preakness-stakes-winners.html
• Preakness Stakes Results, Past Winning Horse Numbers Ranked by Wins

saliu.com/belmont-stakes-winners.html
• Belmont Stakes Results, Past Winning Horse Numbers Ranked by Wins.

speculator

Aug 18, 2018, 8:42:23 PM8/18/18
Probability...Horse is 3/1......Flip the numerator with the denominator to get 1/3....add ONE to the denominator to get 1/3+1= 1/4, then the probability is 0.25

Mr. G

Aug 19, 2018, 1:36:52 PM8/19/18
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 00:42:22 UTC, speculator <tya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Probability...Horse is 3/1......Flip the numerator with the denominator to get 1/3....add ONE to the denominator to get 1/3+1= 1/4, then the probability is 0.25

By picking 7 out of 8 horses your probability is pretty damn high, huh...

Ion Saliu

Oct 8, 2018, 2:06:24 PM10/8/18
Mr G: "By picking 7 out of 8 horses your probability is pretty damn high, huh"

Kokodrilo (royalty-name for 'big-time bettor'):

Indeed, the probability is much higher and it hits with a pretty good frequency. Problems:
1 • the cost is too high
2 • the longshots must win quite frequently
3 • otherwise, the average payout for non-favorite winners must cover the cost and then some.

So, instead of playing all non-favorites, it's better to play only the 2 or 3 or 4 LONGSHOTS. There are situations when the longshots pay huge dividends. Needless to say, PATIENCE and a solid BANKROLL are required.

Best of luck, axiomatics!

https://saliu.com/ultimate-horse-software.html
ULTIMATE Software for Horse Racing

speculator

Oct 8, 2018, 6:29:53 PM10/8/18

> > By picking 7 out of 8 horses your probability is pretty damn high, huh...
>
> Mr G: "By picking 7 out of 8 horses your probability is pretty damn high, huh"
>
> Kokodrilo (royalty-name for 'big-time bettor'):
>
> Indeed, the probability is much higher and it hits with a pretty good frequency. Problems:
> 1 • the cost is too high
> 2 • the longshots must win quite frequently
> 3 • otherwise, the average payout for non-favorite winners must cover the cost and then some.
>
> So, instead of playing all non-favorites, it's better to play only the 2 or 3 or 4 LONGSHOTS. There are situations when the longshots pay huge dividends. Needless to say, PATIENCE and a solid BANKROLL are required.
>
> Best of luck, axiomatics!
>
> https://saliu.com/ultimate-horse-software.html
> ULTIMATE Software for Horse Racing

Misquoted as peru usual. I look at 4 solid contenders in each race as a core group then often a 5th one that may run in the top 3..The vertical exotic is constructed from there..Whether one ADDS or uses all of those depends on the field

Ion Saliu

Dec 3, 2018, 12:46:27 PM12/3/18
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 2:20:31 PM UTC-5, Ion Saliu wrote:

… updating links to HTTPS…

The horse-racing odds calculator can be downloaded as a zip file:

https://saliu.com/freeware/index.html

> A dedicated Web page presents the calculator and the trifectas generator as well:

https://saliu.com/gambling-lottery-lotto/odds-generator.html

Ion Saliu

Dec 3, 2018, 12:48:53 PM12/3/18

… updating links to HTTPS…

https://saliu.com/horseracing-stats.html
• "Horse Racing Stats: The Best, Most Common Winning Horse Numbers, Triple Crown History".

> Therefore, the best statistical format is race per race, especially in the Triple Crown.

https://saliu.com/kentucky-derby-winners.html
• "Kentucky Derby Results, Past Winning Horse Numbers Ranked by Wins".

https://saliu.com/preakness-stakes-winners.html
• "Preakness Stakes Results, Past Winning Horse Numbers Ranked by Wins".

https://saliu.com/belmont-stakes-winners.html

speculator

Dec 5, 2018, 7:59:26 PM12/5/18
this is a bit odd and based upon nothing horses actually DO in a race
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ion Saliu

Jun 18, 2019, 11:37:21 AM6/18/19

Re: Horse Racing Odds and Stats
On Thursday, December 6, 2018, at 2:59:26 AM UTC+2, Spotrocheeller (aka speculator) wrote:

> this is a bit odd and based upon nothing horses actually DO in a race

Spotrocheeller:

Every human deserves a royalty name — and should have one. You just got your royalty-name: Spotrocheeller. Mine is Parpaluck.

Our arguing boils down to:
• Handicapping — your strategy
• Randomness-based gambling — my methodology.

Facts and evidence show that my methodology is the best financially. The winning frequency is lower, but the payouts can be significantly larger.

You might want to read my post of June 9, 2019, in this a.s.h.r. thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.sport.horse-racing/VMRjZvIeDQU
• The Best of Horse Racing: Betting Systems, Strategies, Software.

Best of luck, Spotro!

Parpaluck,
Founder of Betting Mathematics
https://saliu.com/horseracing-stats.html
• Horse Racing Stats: Best, Most Common Winning Numbers.

speculator

Jun 21, 2019, 9:40:14 AM6/21/19
bravo for understanding that randomness is a significant part of a race.

Outlined in the very good book: The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives

Ion Saliu

Jun 22, 2019, 5:04:27 AM6/22/19
On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 4:40:14 PM UTC+3, speculator wrote:
> bravo for understanding that randomness is a significant part of a race.
>
> Outlined in the very good book: The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives

That book was published years after I published the Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG). FFG stipulated, to the shock of thousands of "scholars", that:
• there is no absolute certainty
• the Universe is ruled by randomness.

Ion Saliu,
Founder of Randomness Philosophy
https://saliu.com/Saliu2.htm
• Randomness, Universe, Absurdity of Absolute Certainty or God.

Ion Saliu

Jun 5, 2020, 12:47:42 PM6/5/20

You can get lost easily in public forums like this Usenet group. THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY POSTS!!! The overwhelming proportion of such “scribblings” are nothing more or above garbage, nonsense, one-liner bullshitting, fights, controversies, etc.

To solve the problem, I created a thread referring to the most relevant articles, materials, debates, systems, fights, etc. I keep it updated and make sure it shows at the top of this Google group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/alt.sport.horse-racing/VMRjZvIeDQU
• The Best of Horse Racing: Betting Systems, Strategies, Software, Tips, Results, Payouts.

Ion Saliu (royalty-name: Parpaluck),
Founder of Founder of Horse Gambling Mathematics

https://saliu.com/ultimate-horse-software.html
• Ultimate Software for Horse Racing Trifectas, Off-track Wagering, Betting.

https://forums.saliu.com/triple-crown-horse-racing.html
• Results, Winning Horse Numbers in Triple Crown Races: Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Belmont Stakes.

Ion Saliu

Mar 26, 2023, 7:08:12 AM3/26/23
Search-engine programming advanced with rapid paces. Now, they can interact with Netizens almost like human beings. There are AI chatbots that behave in the manner of human researchers. I tested two AI chatbots on ‘Ion Saliu’ and ‘horse racing betting wagering’.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sport.horse-racing/c/wW1bIA-NY0A
• Artificial Intelligence, Horse Betting Prediction: Chatbots, Ion Saliu.