Bob Baffert suspended by Churchill Downs after Medina Spirit fails drug test

Saddle Burns

May 10, 2021, 2:30:02 AM5/10/21
His horse’s Kentucky Derby win is in jeopardy, but that’s just
part of the problem Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert is dealing
with on Sunday.

Churchill Downs has suspended him as well after Medina Spirit
failed a post-race drug test casting doubt on its victory.

Baffert told reporters he would be transparent with the Kentucky
Horse Racing Commission as it investigates the matter and denied
knowledge of any wrongdoing. The horse tested positive for the
steroid betamethasone that is used to treat pain and
inflammation. It was found to have 21 picograms of betamethasone
in its system, more than double what is allowed.

“To be clear, if the findings are upheld, Medina Spirit’s
results in the Kentucky Derby will be invalidated and Mandaloun
will be declared the winner,” Churchill Downs officials said in
a statement.

“Churchill Downs will not tolerate it. Given the seriousness of
the alleged offense, Churchill Downs will immediately suspend
Bob Baffert, the trainer of Medina Spirit, from entering any
horses at Churchill Downs Racetrack.”

For now, Medina Spirit will still run in the Preakness Stakes on
Saturday, unless officials at Pimlico or Maryland’s racing
commission prevent it from doing so. It is the fifth Baffert
horse to have failed a drug test in over a year.

“I got the biggest gut-punch in racing for something that I
didn’t do,” Baffert said, referring to the failed test. “And
it’s disturbing. It’s an injustice to the horse. … I don’t know
what’s going on in racing right now, but there’s something not
right. I don’t feel embarrassed. I feel like I was wronged.
We’re going to do our own investigation. We’re going to be
transparent with the racing commission, like we’ve always been.

“He’s a great horse. He doesn’t deserve this. He ran a gallant
race.”

https://nypost.com/2021/05/09/churchill-downs-suspends-bob-
baffert-after-medina-spirit-drug-test/

Ion Saliu

May 11, 2021, 9:07:36 AM5/11/21
Did you read it, Narcochiloco (aka TPayne)? “They shoot the horses, don’t they?” Still, you should be careful with what you throw down your throat, or shoot into your veins. Valid for you too, Vermosheeller (aka al). That “stuff” is worse than COVID-19... as you still around...

Ion Saliu

May 11, 2021, 9:09:57 AM5/11/21
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 4:07:36 PM UTC+3, Ion Saliu wrote:
> Did you read it, Narcochiloco (aka TPayne)? “They shoot the horses, don’t they?” Still, you should be careful with what you throw down your throat, or shoot into your veins. Valid for you too, Vermosheeller (aka al). That “stuff” is worse than COVID-19... as you still around...

https://saliu.com/TV-ratings.html
"“They shoot the horses, don't they?”—
Flood Sports Broadcasting with Death and Personal Drama to Skyrocket TV Ratings."

TPayne

May 19, 2021, 3:30:25 PM5/19/21
On 5/11/2021 9:07 AM, Ion Saliu wrote:
> Did you read it, Narcochiloco (aka TPayne)? “They shoot the horses, don’t they?” Still, you should be careful with what you throw down your throat, or shoot into your veins. Valid for you too, Vermosheeller (aka al). That “stuff” is worse than COVID-19... as you still around...

I must be living rent free in your mind, shithead. I haven't been
posting to this group for months. Now that you are back, however, I'll
be sure to remind everyone left here that you're a complete phony.