anyone know of a sportcraft electronic dart board fitting this description?

Debbie Driscoll

Aug 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/19/98
I just bought a Sportcraft soft tip electronic dart board as a display
model (i.e. no box or power cord or anything) - it was a pretty good
deal. I think it's supposed to be in the $100 range.. But I need to
figure out what kind of power supply to buy for it.. It's a squarish
black board with 10 large distinct red buttons hanging at the bottom
starting at the left with "Player 1" and then "Count Up". I don't know
the model name or number or anything, but I need to know what voltage
and current of a power supply to buy to get it working. It's just not as
fun with an electronic dart board that doesn't score for you..

I really appreciate any information anyone out there can lend, I
couldn't find a sportcraft home page or anything. Thanks in advance,
please reply personally.

Brett Hall
bret...@ieee.org

rich...@inconnect.com

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
Chris I can show you how to play that crazy plasitc persons game and
then shool you in steel if need be. You ever had a chance to check out
the competition in soft tip?. you'll probably see the same top names.
(check out the latest Bullseye magazine at www.bullseye.com) the same
top players in soft tourny results as steel.>>> the game is the same, if
you look past the handicapppiing, which i don't agree with<<<

brad
.

Chris wrote:

> Debbie Driscoll (aka Brett Hall) wrote:
> > It's just not as
> > fun with an electronic dart board that doesn't score for you.
>

> Oh, you Crrrazy plastic people!
>
> Chris Webb

Chris

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98

Chris

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
rich...@inconnect.com wrote:

> Chris I can show you how to play that crazy plasitc persons game and
> then shool you in steel if need be. You ever had a chance to check out
> the competition in soft tip?. you'll probably see the same top names.
> (check out the latest Bullseye magazine at www.bullseye.com) the same
> top players in soft tourny results as steel.>>> the game is the same, if
> you look past the handicapppiing, which i don't agree with<<<

Wouldn't you laugh if you heard a steel player say "it's just not as fun
if it doesn't keep score for me"? I was being facetious, not arguing
that soft-tip is inferior. However, I do play at one bar that has six
plastic machines right next to six steel boards. I hate playing at that
bar because there are just the recreational plastic players at the
electronic boards. They often come up to me and ask me who I asked at
the bar for my darts *gasp*, and almost faint when I tell them my darts
cost $100. When they get their $2.00 darts from the waitress, they
proceed to ask me how to play the game. They also practice without the
quarters in, resulting in a very loud and distracting *BBBBBBBBBBBT,
BBBBBBBBBBBT, BBBBBBBBBBBT*, and they are usually the giggly and
clueless type of pubescent 21 year olds that can't handle their beer. I
also can't stand that the machines make highly audible funny noises
when ever someone actually hits a number, and are even more annoying
when they make noise when not even in use. But that's just the bars I
play out of, where steel is the game for the real players, not the young
folks who want something to do with their dates. Other bars are more
suited towards the real plastic players who actually know how the game
is played. So please don't take offense, I just don't play there.
Thankfully, my league plays mostly in bars dedicated to steel, where
chalking is a part of the game, and those noisy machines aren't there to
distract me. Opponents who also play soft-tip always beat me at that
place. (but of course their being better than I must have something to
do with it, too!)

Chris Webb
Arizona Darters Association
http://members.spree.com/azdarts/home.html

Brian

Sep 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/5/98
My Sportscraft power supply is 9VDC

Ron Johnson

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Debbie Driscoll <dadri...@lbl.gov> wrote:

>I just bought a Sportcraft soft tip electronic dart board as a display
>model (i.e. no box or power cord or anything) - it was a pretty good
>deal. I think it's supposed to be in the $100 range.. But I need to
>figure out what kind of power supply to buy for it.. It's a squarish
>black board with 10 large distinct red buttons hanging at the bottom
>starting at the left with "Player 1" and then "Count Up". I don't know
>the model name or number or anything, but I need to know what voltage
>and current of a power supply to buy to get it working. It's just not as
>fun with an electronic dart board that doesn't score for you..
>
>I really appreciate any information anyone out there can lend, I
>couldn't find a sportcraft home page or anything. Thanks in advance,
>please reply personally.

I have an extra manual for the Sportscraft model 79078 I can mail you
with an address. Not sure if that is yours or not. I don't own that
board anymore so it's no big deal. I also have a spare power supply
which will also fit my present board, in other words, useful to me as
a spare. I had really bad luck with the Sportscrafts, with something
usually failing on them either as they came out of the box or within
the week. Anyway, those boards use a 9volt supply with a center
negative. The extra supply I have is labeled 500mA.

Ron

>Brett Hall
>bret...@ieee.org

wm washburn

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Contact Sporscraft through the net http://www.sportscraft.com and
ask them they will give you the correct answer.

sherr...@yahoo.com

Aug 9, 2014, 10:06:24 AM8/9/14