Trying soft-tip

BANDIT2941

Dec 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/14/98
I am thinking about buying a soft tip board and some darts. I was wondering if
anybody can suggest what kind of board I should get, how much should I expect
to pay? I was thinking on getting dead stroke tungsten 16 gram darts. I play
steel tip with 25 gram power points. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Jamie

CHanna8467

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
Do not purchase Spalding it sucks . Darts stop sticking after one month of use.

Doc Reeser

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
On 14 Dec 1998 21:39:26 GMT, bandi...@aol.com (BANDIT2941) wrotf:

For boards, check out www.bullshooter.com

16g is a good weight. i didn't really look for a 'brand name' but just
found a nice weight and knurling that i liked that put on some longer
shafts and VX flights and i was ready to cork'em.

Don...

Confirmed Secular Rooster - Milluminati Bouncer

'We all enter this world in the same way:
naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if
you live your life right, that kind of thing
doesn't have to stop there.'
- Dana Gould

My Y2K Solution: Belt Fed 7.62 mm x 39 mm

Bill Lindner

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
I bought my Arachnid Dart King about 5 years ago, and it is still going
strong. Price is around 375.00, but I think it is money well spent. It has a
video readout once hooked up to a television set which makes practicing
rather enjoyable (without spending all those quarters) As far as darts, I
have 2 sets...18 gram Astros and 18 gram KA's. These are my personal
favorites, so try them out at your local dart store.

Bill Lindner

BANDIT2941 wrote in message
<19981214163926...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...

louie

Dec 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/15/98
When you look for a dart Board make sure you get a good one.  My favorite is a Pro Challenger.  It sells for around $250,  Great board, American made and has a life time warranty.  There are some of the aracnoids that are ok in the $200-$400 range.  The low end ones are pretty sad though.  Avoid Sportcraft, Spalding and any other board that is like it.  The darts dont stick in it and the board usually breaks with in a short period.
Darts, Find some that you like the grip and balance of.  I prefer Bottelson darts over others, But that is just my likes.

Hope this helped

see our site at
www.louiesbilliards.com

Fuersty

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>Avoid Sportcraft and Spalding

I have to agree with Bandit. These boards normally only have a 30 day
warrentee and most of there products are not regulation size (they're smaller).
Another good board is the Dartronix board, for about the same price as the Pro
Challenger, but with more games. The manufacture really stands behind the
board.

As far as darts go the ADA allows up to 18 gram darts for leagues, but the NDA
still only allow 16 gram (there's talk about changing this next fall). Dead
Stroke makes a fine product, but the main thing is to find something that feels
right for you.

Good luck on your search, Tim

BA850

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
replace your tips it should help a bunch

BA850

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
I'd go with the Dartronix and I own a Pro Challenger. Dartronix gets the nod
because of the LED read out and the board realeases darts easier than the Pro
Chalenger. For darts I use a 16gm Black Widow but Lazordarts also make some
less expensive darts than Widows that are good darts. Check out
www.dartsngames.com we sell all this stuff and we've been around since 1973

quksl...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2016, 11:04:51 PM12/16/16
Can you tell me the details of the power pack for your Dart King please.
I need the voltage and amps.
I have a Dart King but lost my power pack.