Buddha

PotterMike

Dec 1, 2012, 11:57:16 AM12/1/12
I am a Ceramic Potter that creates Buddha sculptures.

My current journey is a volunteer. I am creating a Pottery Studio for Seniors in Yuma Arizona. It is extremely rewarding to teach others how to express themselves with Mother Earth “Clay”. I can tell all kinds of stories about the therapeutic benefits of Pottery.

Just yesterday a 90-year-old man named Bob came into the studio. He created a beautiful 18” statue of Kopopelli (a Native American flute playing deity). When is wife of 69 years came to check on him, she had teary eyes and a big smile. When Bob saw his wife’s enjoyment of his accomplishment, he had a really big smile. It’s hard to relate the emotional experience of that moment. Though I experience them everyday.

While my position at the pottery studio is head director, teacher and bottle washer. I am not paid to be there. I am praying that Etsy will help me sell my creations so that I my continue to teach and bring joy and accomplishment to the lives of these older people.

If the spirit moves you to visit my store it is located at
http://SoothingVibrations.etsy.com