Solar Heat exchanger (3 screen method)

ashle...@hotmail.com

Jan 3, 2018, 10:50:13 PM1/3/18
I’m in NW Pennsylvania near Erie, Zone 5.

I want to build several solar heat exchangers so I can be comfortable to offer a workshop at our Permaculture Farm.

I’m planning on using the 3 screen method.

Questions:

1)Would the exchanger be more efficient if the sides were made with 2x12” boards? More volume for air?
Cost is not a factor since I have my own lumber on property.

2)Would larger hole (8” to 12”) on top where hot air enters room be more efficient to move air, even maybe without a fan? If so what size should the bottom hole be?

3)I know it is impossible to measure the “average” heat gain due to sun, cold, climate and other factors but is there a general idea how much gain happens. Basically to prove to people it is worth the labor and cost.

4)If you have any new developments regarding the solar heat exchangers, I would like to know before I build them.

Thank you very much,

Morris Dovey

Jan 4, 2018, 11:14:11 PM1/4/18
You might find this web page helpful:

http://www.iedu.com/Solar/Panels

--
Morris Dovey
http://www.iedu.com/Solar/

Carpenter Family

Feb 14, 2021, 2:16:07 PM2/14/21
Wow - Ty Morris ~ read your whole web page - top notch info !
Do you sell plans ?
Ty,
Kevin Carpenter
mail...@yahoo.com