Solar Chimney

Ryan Barr

Dec 10, 2021, 4:04:18 PM12/10/21
I've been advised by Geoff Lawton to use a 6' x 8" diameter black pipe to ventilate and cool my home. Air from underneath a vine-covered pergola will be pulled into the home from the poleward side of the house traveling to the equatorial facing side of the house where it will slip under curtains and then travel up and out through the solar chimney.
I got the idea from a PDC he taught with Bill Mollison.

I am looking for as many details on this as I can find. Ideally, I'd like to hear from someone who has a working example. I'm going to implement this next year on a newly constructed build.

Thanks, Ryan