Re: Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Nov 16, 2022, 6:01:47 AM11/16/22
On 14/11/2022 1:56 am, Nic wrote:
> Is any body using a solar powered ebook reader?
> tia

There is a newsgroup called "alt.solar.photovoltaic"!

Paul

Nov 16, 2022, 9:42:32 AM11/16/22

Nic

Nov 16, 2022, 10:04:13 AM11/16/22
The point I am getting is that in spite of advances in battery
technologies, most of the solar eBook readers are from articles written
around 10 years ago, nothing I could find in 2022, very odd.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Nov 16, 2022, 10:10:15 AM11/16/22
Still think simple paper and ink are better than electronics, especially
for our eyes. :)

Nic

Nov 16, 2022, 10:21:34 AM11/16/22
I agree.

Is hemp paper more durable than tree pulp paper?

Lu Wei

Nov 28, 2022, 3:52:55 AM11/28/22
On 2022-11-16 23:04, Nic wrote:
> The point I am getting is that in spite of advances in battery
> technologies, most of the solar eBook readers are from articles written
> around 10 years ago, nothing I could find in 2022, very odd.

Solar powered ebook reader is only suitable with e-ink display. E-ink
technology and market are greatly waned in this 10 years. LCD display
phones and tablets has advanced by more and more powerful chips, high
refreshing rate, and high resolution; But E-ink panels seems still as
they are 10 years ago.

--
Regards,
Lu Wei