Texas counties on the border and beyond declare 'invasion': Biden admin doesn't 'have the guts' to act

Leroy N. Soetoro

Sep 1, 2022, 4:13:20 PM9/1/22
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-invasion-border-biden

The United Nations recently declared the U.S.-Mexico border the world's
deadliest crossing following the deaths of 53 migrants in San Antonio,
Texas

Officials from several Texas counties along the southern border announced
a series of emergency declarations Tuesday to recognize the growing number
of migrants in their communities amid what they said was lackluster
support from the federal government.

Several county judges asked Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to dedicate more
resources toward addressing illegal immigrant activity at the U.S.-Mexico
border and to address the resulting crime and quality of life issues faced
by border cities.

The declarations essentially recognized a state of "invasion" of illegal
immigrants pouring into communities as local authorities have little-to-no
resources to respond.

"We want America to know that this is real," Kinney County Judge Tully
Shahan told reporters in Bracketville. "The Biden administration won't do
a thing about it. They could stop this thing this hour. They could stop it
now. They don't have the guts."

In a statement to Fox News Digital, Abbott's press Secretary Renae Eze
said "All strategies remain on the table as Texas continues stepping up in
the federal government’s absence."

"While President Biden ignores the ever-growing humanitarian crisis, and
Congressional members visit the border for photo-ops and then return to
Washington to do nothing, Texas has deployed thousands of Texas National
Guard soldiers and DPS troopers and spent over $4 billion of Texas
taxpayer money to secure our border, including building our own border
wall, erecting strategic barriers, and sending significant resources to
help our local partners as was mentioned repeatedly in the Brackettville
press conference, Eze said. "This has resulted in over 274,000 migrant
apprehensions, over 16,900 criminal arrests, including smugglers and human
traffickers, over 22,000 turnbacks, and millions of lethal doses of
fentanyl seized. It’s past time for President Biden—and for both parties
in Congress—to do their jobs and secure our southern border. As the
challenges on the border continue to increase, Texas will continue to take
additional unprecedented action to address those challenges caused by the
Biden Administration."

Some officials said unprecedented illegal immigration has resulted in
property damage, stolen vehicles, gun violence and other issues resulting
from migrants crossing into their counties, many of which are desolate and
have sparse populations.

"In my community, we have less than 1,000 residents. The thousand
residents everyday live in fear of the invasion," said Dale Lynn
Carruthers, the county judge for Terrell County. "We are doing the best we
can with limited manpower. Terrell County has the least to offer… but we
have a lot of border coverage."

Others talked about migrants crossing through school campuses and putting
lives in danger while trying to flee U.S. Border Patrol agents and local
and state authorities.

In May, Kinney County law enforcement documented more than 4,000 migrants
who avoided apprehension by the Border Patrol, the county said in a news
release. In June, authorities there prevented 67 smuggling attempts along
county roadways, officials said.

Goliad County Judge Mike Bennett said his county has two stoplights and
has a sheriff's department that has two deputies on duty at any given
time.

"This is not a situation where we're helping these migrants come across.
This is a situation where many are dying along the way," he said. "There's
a lot of carnage left in their wake."

"Clearly, it's the responsibility of the United States government to do
this and clearly they're not going to do a thing," Bennett added.

With migrant numbers hitting historic levels, and with more than 239,000
migrant encounters in May alone, there has been considerable talk in
conservative circles about the merits of declaring the crisis an
"invasion" – which could open up a number of potential legal avenues for
states.

Ken Cuccinelli, the former acting deputy secretary for the Department of
Homeland Security, previously told Fox News Digital that the move by the
Texas counties was significant and should now put more pressure on Abbott
to make the declaration himself.

"The key here is you've got the first legal ruling that the southern
border situation is an invasion," he said. " One, that's obviously very
significant, and two it's going to – as it should – put enormous pressure
on Governor Abbott to adopt that position themselves and to respond
accordingly."

Fox News' Adam Shaw contributed to this report.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.