Sean Hannity: Barr 'now focused on something much bigger'

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 20, 2020, 2:05:44 PM2/20/20
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sean-hannity-attorney-general-
william-barr-now-focused-on-something-much-bigger

Attorney General William Barr has a large operation underway to take down
"deep state bureaucrats."

That's what Fox News host Sean Hannity told his audience Friday night,
capping a tumultuous week for the Justice Department that involved
upheaval in the Roger Stone case, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
escaping criminal charges, and news of an outside prosecutor being picked
to review the case against retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

"We are now beginning to see something very large unfold," Hannity said on
his show Friday. "Roger Stone's attorneys have filed a motion for a new
trial. That is a major development. That should be granted. And, by the
way, it should be the beginning of Stone's ultimate vindication. We have
more good news. McCabe's dismissal is frankly — when you really look at
it, it's a declination to prosecute on one specific issue. Here is my read
between that and the Gen. Flynn news today because we know that Barr just
installed an outside counsel to look into the Gen. Flynn case."

"I'm reading the tea leaves here and my sources confirming, the same
sources that I've been using for you and getting the story right for three
years, that the Attorney General Bill Barr is now focused on something
much bigger, much deeper, that will have far-ranging ramifications,
serious ramifications, for that 1% that abused power. That 1% involved in
the corruption, those deep state bureaucrats who abused their power,
because, as we speak, the Durham-Barr criminal probe is underway," Hannity
continued, referring to U.S. Attorney John Durham's inquiry into the
origins of the Russia investigation.

"I've been told by my sources that, in fact, it has gone deep. It has gone
wide. It has gone far. And the evidence they are accumulating is
overwhelming and incontrovertible. That's what my sources are telling me
tonight," Hannity said.

Hannity did not reveal the identity of his sources, but his words have
sway as millions of people tune into his program every weeknight. He is
also well-known to have President Trump's ear and has interviewed the
president on a number of occasions.

The host appeared to be referring to the network of prosecutors Barr has
set up to review high-profile investigations and allegations involving
Russia and Ukraine. This includes Durham; Jeffrey Jensen, the U.S.
attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri assigned to the Flynn case;
and U.S. Attorney Scott Brady from Pittsburgh, who is reviewing records
and documents related to Ukraine, including those from Trump lawyer Rudy
Giuliani.

After impeachment ended in acquittal earlier this month, Democrats have
refocused their attack on Barr, demanding investigations into his conduct.
Prosecutors from around the country told the media that the Stone
situation has increased their anxiety about working on any cases that
might attract interest from Trump for fear that Barr would not back them
up, and more than 2,000 former Justice Department officials have called on
Barr to resign. Even Trump himself appeared to break with his attorney
general when he tweeted about Barr and the Justice Department after Barr
complained that such public commentary makes “it impossible for me to do
my job."

Still, Hannity dismissed there being a serious rift between Trump and Barr
and predicted the attorney general would deliver a "devastating blow to
the deep state" of perceived Trump foes accused of trying to undermine the
president.

Touting an expanding Durham criminal investigation, which includes
scrutiny of former CIA Director John Brennan, and the ramifications of
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's scathing report on
FISA abuses, Hannity boasted: "A huge day of reckoning to me seem to be on
the horizon. I may be wrong. I don't think so."

"To date, my sources have been right the entire time," Hannity said. "So,
tonight, I can report this: I am cautiously optimistic that real justice
will be done. And it seems like the decks are being cleared."

https://youtu.be/89pG5zjbYSg

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."