FREE to use file converters

fatkatz

Aug 28, 2016, 12:04:14 PM8/28/16
Hi kats,
Anyone know where i can download a file converter?
I need to convert ASF files into either Mpegs or anything that windows media
player can handle. Using the VLC player which cannot handle ASF :-(

Harry Stottle

Aug 28, 2016, 1:06:55 PM8/28/16
Breaking news, breaking new, breaking news...

A company called Google has recently started up and they have brought out
something called a search engine which should be brilliant for your sort of
enquiries. I just tested it by putting in 'free asf to mpeg converter' and
it was amazing, giving me a list of 7,230,000 results, I know that's not
many but you might just find one or two that might help.
Here is the link it gave me:-
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=free+asf+to+mpeg+converter

fatkatz

Aug 29, 2016, 5:49:15 PM8/29/16

"Harry Stottle" wrote in message news:npv5nd$7n5$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
Ahhh BUT have you tried any? so far gone through 4, the latest being
'wondershare video converter ultimate' which is quoted as a free program NOT
a free download! well it works BUT only converts 30% of the file. If you
want the lot you gotta pay :-( I actually liked this one as it was easy to
use but not as free as it was quoted by some 'search engines' :-( Oh well
the search continues.

P.S...ive only got 42 , 2 minutes or less asf's to convert so buying a
program for say £40 might not be popular with Mrs mogster!

fatkatz

Aug 30, 2016, 6:18:05 AM8/30/16

"fatkatz" wrote in message news:u52xz.860096$YA.4...@fx38.am4...
Yep, so wonderful i had to dig it out my system files after i just switched
on and it asked if i wanted to allow it to change my hard drive,one of the
commands was 'spawn'! yuk