Nottingham traffic sucks

fatkatz

Mar 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/22/00
Why is it that nottingham has the most antiquated road system in the country
?
Is the service planning department out to launch ? and if they are its not
in nottingham i bet !

Dean Murray

Mar 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/22/00
The best way to beat the traffic is to get a Scooter!

Dan Brusca

Mar 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/22/00
fatkatz said:

How would you sort it?

--
Dan Brusca
ICQ:50935916

Peter Russell

Mar 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/22/00
Get a super-tram?

---
PeteR
Somewhere in Debyshire, England.

P.S. Visit Brian Long's Clock site at
http://www.hickoryclock.co.uk

fatkatz

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Ok not an easy answer as over the years the streets of nottingham have
changed quite a lot BUT dont the council wallys look into the future road
use with an increasing number of cars using them? I would ride a bike to
work insted of a bus but the standard of driving in nottingham has a lot to
be desired!
Just one questin though...Why is it that the city taxi drivers prefer to
chat to their mates on the roadside of their taxis and not the pavement
which im sure would be a lot safer
failing that im sure most readers will have the answer to the meaning of lfe
which im told is not 42 !!

Dan Brusca <d...@tokyo.com> wrote in message

Jonathan

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Try:

Nuthall Island. Not helped that it's on the Broxtowe/N.C.C. border
and each council passes the buck to the other to do something. And
it's only going to get worse with hundreds more homes being built
round there.

Crown Island - ouch.

The A453 - Boots should lay down an ultimatum, tell Notts they'll
leave unless something is done.

Speed limits on the A610, part of the ring road, Low Wood Road, the
Hucknall bypass.

Jon

Max...@circlesquare.demon.co.uk (Maxine Smith) wrote:

>Which part of Nottingham do you have problem with?

fatkatz

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Not the "KEVIN WARD"?? of nct ????
Oh by the way ..all of the inner city of nottingham is a problem when trying
to travel through it...give me derby anytime...they spend real money sorting
thier road system out !!!!!!!!
Maxine Smith <Max...@circlesquare.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> fatkatz <tinam...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why is it that nottingham has the most antiquated road system in the
> > country?
> > Is the service planning department out to launch ? and if they are its
not
> > in nottingham i bet !
>
> Which part of Nottingham do you have problem with?
>
> --
> Kevin Ward

The Monk

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:05:58 -0000, "Peter Russell"
<pr...@globalnet.co.uk> spoke the following words of wisdom:

>Get a super-tram?

yeah right - they are putting a route into bl**dy Hucknall - which
already has the Robin Hood rail link

Why not Arnold? They shut down the North Nottingham tunnel about 30
years ago - and now we're stuffed

C'mon NCC sod Hucknall - lets have a monorail service to Arnold..
--
remove the post club snack to reply via email.

Visit Arnold On-line @ http://www.arnoldonline.co.uk/

The Monk

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:03:08 +0000, Ke...@circlesquare.demon.co.uk
(Kevin Ward) spoke the following words of wisdom:

>Just wait until the SPECs digital speed cameras are made operational in
>April!!!

Oh joy - it'll be just like Lincolnshire - pointless speed traps
everywhere

How about the police putting speed traps on residential streets to
prevent ppl speeding nr playing children (And knock the limits down to
20) thus saving lives rather than harassing motorists - and raising
the limits on main roads to more than 30 (Everyone does 40 on
Mansfield Rd into town anyway - so what is the point of a 30 limit)

Brian

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00

The Monk <andy....@KEBABbigfoot.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:03:08 +0000, Ke...@circlesquare.demon.co.uk
> (Kevin Ward) spoke the following words of wisdom:
>
> >Just wait until the SPECs digital speed cameras are made operational in
> >April!!!
>
> Oh joy - it'll be just like Lincolnshire - pointless speed traps
> everywhere
>
> How about the police putting speed traps on residential streets to
> prevent ppl speeding nr playing children (And knock the limits down to
> 20) thus saving lives rather than harassing motorists - and raising
> the limits on main roads to more than 30 (Everyone does 40 on
> Mansfield Rd into town anyway - so what is the point of a 30 limit)

Amen to that, I have to drive down the embankment on many occasions, the
speed limits 20mph, but you wouldn't believe it by the way even the
ambulances/police cars or fire engines drive down there & the roads
basically through a park! No police cameras & only once in 10 years have I
known of a speed check taking place down there. Now if the Police were
serious about public/childrens safety you would have thought that they would
have done something, even the dreaded road humps, but no they go on the ring
road, often between Queens Med. & Crown Island northbound, a reasonable high
speed route, with a cycle track, where hopefully no parent would allow their
kids to play. I know what that looks like to me....

--
I don't mind the tension any more,
it's just trying to relax that's hell!!!

B-)

Dan Brusca

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
fatkatz said:
> Not the "KEVIN WARD"?? of nct ????

nct? Nottingham City Transport?

Well, your drivers are a bunch of miserable bastards.

fatkatz

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
And i quote....." with the clocks going forward tomorrow will the buses be
running at the same time"???
Who is the sad bastard now ????
Now you know why some drivers have an "attitude"

Dan Brusca <d...@tokyo.com> wrote in message

fatkatz

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
P.s
Although i may seem a "SAD BASTARD" i still say please and thank you to ALL
my passengers .So think on sir ..there are still some drivers like myself
who have endured being swore at, spat at ,attempted robbery and assault
resulting in financial hardship due to the company saying "its nothing to do
with us attitude" Could you rply via this newsgroup how would you feel if a
total stranger came up to you and swore at you ,spat at you and gave you a
good thump,or in some reacent case stabbed you with a screwdriver yes i did
say a screwdriver ..how would you feel ???
Ok not all people are bad but when someone gets on a bus expecting to travel
for free or at a lower price than you paid for the same journey how would
you feel?
In matter of fact only today i had a woman who trys the same "scam" of
comming on with no change but will a purse full of £10 and £20 pounds notes
and asking the driver if she can pay at the other end? untill someone comes
up and pays for her ( just about every time!) Then ,on a midibus lights up a
fag ?
how would you feel about that??
This is just but one of the things a driver of today has to face with
little or no backup from the company her or she works for !
If any of the people who moan about N C T or any bus company wants to
take up driving then id recomened it as it will soon open your eyes to the
fact that bus drivers have more responsibility with less pay !
Ok maybe ive gone on a bit but its so easy to criticize people without
thinking "why"
Before i go on this one .if you want a job with N.C.T then there are
alot of places to be filled, im sure anyone who has traveled on a n.c.t bus
will have heard the radio message asking for drivers to stay on to cover
shifts standing!,
but ive seen quite a lot of new drivers who quit after the first few months
because of the attitude inflicted on them by some passengers which is
something you would not expect in other jobs.
Enough moaning ect ect my advice to you is be nice and civil to them
and im sure it will work wonders ..moan about where the last bus was and
blame him for it and im sure you will help to create a ,as you say ,a
"miserable bastard"
Mind you was it not "Dan brusca" who moaned about buses not running on NEW
YEARS DAY ?. Yes even we want to spend time with our familes over
christmas/new year period.
Lets just leave it at that otherwise james windsoar will come back !!!

Dan Brusca

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
fatkatz said:

> P.s

All good point, none of which detract from my original statement that NCT
drivers are "a bunch of miserable bastards". You've given reasons to back
that comment up.

> Mind you was it not "Dan brusca" who moaned about buses not running on NEW
> YEARS DAY ?.

Well, no, it wasn't.

I had three week holiday then so wouldn't have been bothered. Personally, I
would have been rather pissed off if they had made you work that day.

hard

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00

fatkatz wrote:
today"
>And i quote....." with the clocks going forward tomorrow will the buses
be
>running at the same time"???
>Who is the sad bastard now ????
>Now you know why some drivers have an "attitude"

How long will the next bus be?
About 32 feet same as this one.

Where are you going - it says Bingham on't front?
It says Trent on't side Duck but we en't going there either.

--
bro

fatkatz

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
You forgot to say
"it says india on the tyres but i aint going there either"
hard <ha...@freeuk.com> wrote in message

fatkatz

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
Sorry dan but you did !! as it was myself who replied to you on that mail so
either it was you or some else is useing your computer to send mail to the
news group..The message i refere to was sent about 2 weeks befor christmas.
But dont worry !! ,You have traveled with some of the drivers NOT ALL ,
so your statement is not quite correct .

Dan Brusca <d...@tokyo.com> wrote in message

Toby A Inkster Esq

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
fatkatz wrote:

>Sorry dan but you did !! as it was myself who replied to you on that mail so
>either it was you or some else is useing your computer to send mail to the
>news group..The message i refere to was sent about 2 weeks befor christmas.
>But dont worry !! ,You have traveled with some of the drivers NOT ALL ,
>so your statement is not quite correct .

Checked back in the archives and Dan didn't post any messages to
alt.society.nottingham between the 21st of November 1999 and the 22nd
of January 2000.

--
Toby Inkster
FAQ: http://visitweb.com/alt.society.nottingham

fatkatz

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00
Seems like i stand corrected but if you have this information on hand
perhaps you could enlighten us all. .
On a lighter note this subject didn't half get some replies ! but not for
the post that was first posted.
Toby A Inkster Esq <tobyink...@writeme.com> wrote in message

Toby A Inkster Esq

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00
Is this the message you refer to???

>From: "Paul Rooney" <leitrim@innotts>
>Newsgroups: alt.society.nottingham
>Subject: Nottingham City Transport
>Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 07:24:19 -0000
>
>Why no Buses on Boxing Day Christmas Day last bus @ 8 on xmas eve night and
>A Sunday service on the busiest days of the year namely Bank Holiday
>Mondays, Any ideas ??. and they say
>they are trying to get people to use public transport and not
>to Drink and Drive also ever tried getting a Taxi at this particular time of
>year seems to me that NCT is run for the benefit of its workers not the
>people it is suppose to.
>Well I have got that of my chest

Dan Brusca

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00
fatkatz said:
> Seems like i stand corrected but if you have this information on hand
> perhaps you could enlighten us all

I have also remembered that I was unsubscribed from the group at the time
as well...

The chances of someone else using this computer to post are extremely
small.

moggy

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
Yes ..
Ok i'll hang my head in shame on this one !!
Its better to admitt to ones mistakes than to try and cover it up...
which reminds me..wheres mr winsoar ??

Toby A Inkster Esq <tobyink...@writeme.com> wrote in message

moggy

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
yep my mistake.
`well at least i admitt when im wrong...DOHHH!

Toby A Inkster Esq <tobyink...@writeme.com> wrote in message
> fatkatz wrote:
>
> >Sorry dan but you did !! as it was myself who replied to you on that mail
so
> >either it was you or some else is useing your computer to send mail to
the
> >news group..The message i refere to was sent about 2 weeks befor
christmas.
> >But dont worry !! ,You have traveled with some of the drivers NOT ALL ,
> >so your statement is not quite correct .
>
> Checked back in the archives and Dan didn't post any messages to
> alt.society.nottingham between the 21st of November 1999 and the 22nd
> of January 2000.

moggy

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
well im sorry to have to tell you but there is a KEVIN WARD at n.c.t.
He is most loved .....errr not
Kevin Ward <Ke...@circlesquare.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > Which part of Nottingham do you have problem with?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kevin Ward
>
> > Not the "KEVIN WARD"?? of nct ????
>
> Nope! There must be another one... :-)

> > Oh by the way ..all of the inner city of nottingham is a problem when
trying
> > to travel through it...
> > give me derby anytime...they spend real money sorting
> > thier road system out !!!!!!!!
>
> Hahahahahahaha! Wahahahahahaha! Derby really does suck. I hope you were
> being sar-car-stick. :-)
>
> --
> Kevin Ward

Jynx

Mar 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/29/00
apparently He's not a bus driver tho....

"moggy" <tinam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

fatkatz

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Good guess !