worst area of nottingham : a poll

Jevs

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
okay, seeing as some debate has cropped p on this, why dont we start a bit
of a straw oll, if you all reply to me on email ill construct a "worst area
of notts" league table

okay, so mail me your votes (top 5, with number one being the worst area, 2
being the second worst etc etc to

je...@hehe.com

jevs

Jevs

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
okay here are my top 5

1: (worst) St anns
2: hyson green
3: radford
4: meadows
5: clifton

James at SMI

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99

Jevs <james....@btinternet.com> wrote in message

At least Hyson Green has an Asda Wal-mart store. That must be one good reason to
live there? Clifton is not too bad really either, just a bit out of the way.

--
NottingJam Guide to Nottingham
http://www.smi-group.co.uk/nottingjam/

Jevs

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
then vote!!!!

Steve Love

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Cotmanhay near Ilkeston was on TV ages ago suppost to be the worst Village
for Crime in Europe...

ben...@proweb.co.uk

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
Save ya the time, Broxtowe - shithole
Bestwood - shithole
meadows - shithole
st anns - shithole
Bulwell - shithole

Need I go on?!

Pat Everitt

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
What about a reverse poll........the five best places to live in Nottingham

Keith Howell

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
>okay, so mail me your votes (top 5, with number one being the worst area, 2
>being the second worst etc etc to

Hmm, I grew up in Nottingham and then Radcliffe-on-Trent in a school
shared with kids from Cotgrave.

I'd vote them in as a***holes of the country, but I've survived Newbury,
Northampton, and I hear Swindon is a dump.

It's not the places, more the people that make things unpleasant.

Besides, if I voted these places as a***holes of the UK,
I'd have to admit I was just passing through! <chortle!>

KH

Dan Brusca

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
In article <7ufkar$1h$1...@nclient7-gui.server.ntli.net>,
pat.e...@diamond.co.uk says...

> What about a reverse poll........the five best places to live in Nottingham

Not Nottingham but I find Breaston a great place to live.

--
Dan Brusca
d...@bruscanet.f9.co.uk

fatkatz

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
1. St anns
2. St anns
3. St anns
4. St anns
5. St anns

All time worst has to be victoria flats as there appears to be a lot of
LARGE companies run from within
Guess who ???????

> okay, seeing as some debate has cropped p on this, why dont we start a bit
> of a straw oll, if you all reply to me on email ill construct a "worst
area
> of notts" league table
>

> okay, so mail me your votes (top 5, with number one being the worst area,
2
> being the second worst etc etc to
>

> je...@hehe.com
>
> jevs

Frodo Baggins

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
Worst Areas:

1: Sneinton (I grew up there!)
2: Meadows
3: Broxtowe
4: Bestwood
5: Clifton

Best Areas

1: West Bridgford
2: Colwick
3: Gedling Village
4: Mapperley Park
5: Wollaton

Dont know Bulwell, Beeston/Chilwell very well.....Carlton's not bad. Arnold
doesnt seem to bad, but I have heard some strange stories about it!

I now live in Derby. Derby's a nice little city...but needs redeveloping
big time!

Cheers

Frodo

Toby Inkster

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
James at SMI wrote:

>Jevs <james....@btinternet.com> wrote in message

>> okay here are my top 5
>>
>> 1: (worst) St anns
>> 2: hyson green
>> 3: radford
>> 4: meadows
>> 5: clifton
>
>At least Hyson Green has an Asda Wal-mart store. That must be one good reason to
>live there? Clifton is not too bad really either, just a bit out of the way.

Clifton was featured on that "Neighbors from Hell" show!

--
Toby Inkster
FAQ: http://visitweb.com/alt.society.nottingham

James at SMI

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99

Frodo Baggins <fr...@dircon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Best Areas
>
> 1: West Bridgford
> 2: Colwick
> 3: Gedling Village
> 4: Mapperley Park
> 5: Wollaton

What about the City Centre?

Shane Matthews

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

It makes me laugh when people refer to Cotmanhey as a village. It's
basically the north part of Ilkeston with a council estate tacked on.
No surprise about the crime there though. Parked my car there twice
when visiting a friend and twice it was broken into (and it was a
sodding Lada! Why bother?). In comparison, in Southern Il'son where I
lived I had no crime problems in 8 years, apart from the drunken prat
who drove into the back of my parked car then drove off.

Shane (Who doesn't have much luck with cars)

Shane Matthews

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:56:41 +0100, "Keith Howell"
<ke...@howell1964.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>>okay, so mail me your votes (top 5, with number one being the worst area, 2
>>being the second worst etc etc to
>

>Hmm, I grew up in Nottingham and then Radcliffe-on-Trent in a school
>shared with kids from Cotgrave.
>
>I'd vote them in as a***holes of the country, but I've survived Newbury,
>Northampton, and I hear Swindon is a dump.

Take it from me, as someone who has lived in Nottingham and Wiltshire,
Swindon is the biggest hole I have had the mis-fortune to come across.

Shane Matthews

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:12:59 +0100, "Pat Everitt"
<pat.e...@diamond.co.uk> wrote:

>What about a reverse poll........the five best places to live in Nottingham

1. Beeston
2. Keyworth
3. That's
4. About
5. It

James at SMI

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Shane Matthews <sm...@1st-legend.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:12:59 +0100, "Pat Everitt"
> <pat.e...@diamond.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >What about a reverse poll........the five best places to live in Nottingham
>
> 1. Beeston

Beeston is the most dreary place in the UK.

russell

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Shane Matthews <sm...@1st-legend.com> wrote in message

Swindon. a nickname for your girlfriend, perhaps?

Pat Everitt

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

> > Swindon is the biggest hole I have had the mis-fortune to come across.
>
> Swindon. a nickname for your girlfriend, perhaps?

Or a nickname for the creator and managing director etc etc of SMI

Paul J. Burrows

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
In article <enkNOEBDd++hwo...@4ax.com>, Shane Matthews
<sm...@1st-legend.com> writes

>On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:12:59 +0100, "Pat Everitt"
><pat.e...@diamond.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>What about a reverse poll........the five best places to live in Nottingham
>
>1. Beeston

>2. Keyworth
>3. That's
>4. About
>5. It

Keyworth isn't in Nottingham. If you are putting it on a list of the
five best places to live in Nottingham you may as well include Lima,
Hong Kong, New Orleans, Tunis and Skegness!!!

Anyway best is a question of taste and lifestyle. Bread and Lard island
is pretty good, as a resident. Although its not much special in itself
its a decent place to live and the City Centre is within easy walking
distance.

--
Paul J. Burrows

Toby Inkster

Oct 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/23/99
Paul J. Burrows wrote:

Skegness is just about the worst area of Nottingham. Lima's not too
good either.

leelai...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 1:09:56 PM3/29/18
broxtow nottingham shit hole