Re: The Electric Vehicle Scam

Rudy Canoza

Jan 17, 2022, 11:19:20 AMJan 17
[comp.os.linux.advocacy maliciously added by reactionary cocksuckers removed]

On 1/17/2022 8:14 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 1/16/22 3:29 PM, William T wrote:
>> This is a good read.
>>
>> "The Electric Vehicle Scam"

No, it is bullshit from top to bottom.

> Looking forward to the postings of hose [sic]

You're looking forward to eating another massive bucket of shit.

[comp.os.linux.advocacy maliciously added by cocksucking filth is removed]

Rudy Canoza

Jan 21, 2022, 8:02:18 PMJan 21

On 1/21/2022 4:33 PM, David Hartung wrote:

>>> This from the guy who can't explain where the electricity is going to
>>> come from
>>
>>  From generators.  More can be built.  It will take time.  The
>> transition will take longer than what some people are hoping.
>
> What will power the generator stations?

Clean energy sources.

>>> and how we will deal with the toxi waste of the batteries.
>>
>> The batteries will be recycled.
>
> How? From what I read, lithium batteries cannot be recycled at this time.

You have read no such thing. The batteries can be recycled.

https://www.wired.com/story/cars-going-electric-what-happens-used-batteries/

Mike Dolan

Jan 21, 2022, 9:32:20 PMJan 21
On 21 Jan 2022, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> posted some
Part of them can be recycled.

BeamMeUpScotty

Jan 21, 2022, 10:45:54 PMJan 21
On 1/21/22 9:31 PM, Mike Dolan wrote:
> On 21 Jan 2022, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> posted some
>
>> [comp.os.linux.advocacy maliciously added by reactionary cocksuckers
>> removed]

>>> What will power the generator stations?
>>
>> Clean energy sources.

>>> How? From what I read, lithium batteries cannot be recycled at this
>>> time.
>>
>> You have read no such thing. The batteries can be recycled.
>>
>> https://www.wired.com/story/cars-going-electric-what-happens-used-batte
>> ries/
>
> Part of them can be recycled.

Part of the CO2 is recycled by plants... How is that any worse?

--
That's karma,

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable
Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men,
*deriving their just powers from the consent* of the governed, — That
whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is
the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new
Government,"

It would seem that *MANDATES* are NOT derived from the consent of the
governed. The Constitution doesn't delegate unlimited power to mandate
the governed, become part of a medical experiment.

"This is the classic definition of a “cult,” when facts and real science
are tossed aside for beliefs that contradict the actual facts."

Rudy Canoza

Jan 26, 2022, 5:15:37 PMJan 26
On 1/26/2022 1:45 PM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 1/26/22 13:37, Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> Op-ed?  No thanks..
>>
>> More right-wingnut knuckle-dragging fuckwit /ad hominem/.
>>
>> You didn't read it, Baa-Baa-BlueGirl (the sheep), so you can't possibly refute
>> it.
>
> You are in no position to attack others for not reading articles.

Of course I am.

You're another of the right-wingnut knuckle-dragging fuckwits who dismisses
authoritative pieces merely on the basis of who publishes them. *You* don't
cite authoritative pieces, ever. You cite right-wingnut lie sites.

Rudy Canoza

Jan 26, 2022, 8:20:23 PMJan 26
On 1/26/2022 5:14 PM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 1/26/22 19:10, Rudy Canoza wrote:

>>> For the moment,
>>
>> You already squandered your reply to my post.  You only get one.
>
> My unconditional surrender noted.

Correct.

Republicans are great

Jan 27, 2022, 2:11:34 AMJan 27
Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com> wrote in
Looks like the Phd in economics struck out.

Again.

Rudy Canoza

Jan 27, 2022, 12:22:58 PMJan 27
On 1/27/2022 8:22 AM, Lee wrote:
> David Hartung wrote:
>
>> On 1/26/22 10:52, Lee wrote:
>>> NoBody wrote:

[...]
>> https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/steo/report/electricity.php
>>
>> It looks as if solar and wind will account for just under 20% of
>> electricity generation in 2022.
>

> The electric grid can handle EV's
> which explains why state legislators
> from both parties are pushing them.

Every single fucking lie/post from the far right-wingnuts about the "grid" and
EVs is predicated on the idea that all EVs are going to be plugged in at the
same time, all requiring a full charge. That is false.

The grid can *clearly* handle the existing set of EVs...because it does. As the
number of EVs grows, and particularly as they displace fossil fuel-powered
vehicles, electricity consumption by everything involved in the *production* of
fossil fuels will decline, thereby making electricity available for other
uses...such as charging cars.

It's very important to note that right-wingnut liars like Hartung and Kremlin
Girl / Bit of Nothingness are not *really* interested in any practical
impediments to the widespread adoption of EVs. No, their opposition is
ideological. They consider global warming to be a "hoax" — it is not — and that
everyone pushing a reduction and eventual elimination of fossil fuels is just a
long-haired pinko godless "radical" Marxist commie, and that is reason enough to
the knuckle-draggers to oppose EVs. They are, of course, completely full of shit.

"The future is electric, get used to it" ~ chrisv

An obviously correct statement.

> Electric Vehicles Charge Ahead in Statehouses
> January 24, 2022
>
> Across the country, legislatures in
> blue and red states are considering
> bills to bolster charging infrastructure,
> expand consumer incentives, electrify
> state fleets or mandate charging stations
> in new buildings. States also will be
> tasked with deploying billions in new
> federal funds for charging stations
> approved in the new infrastructure law,
> and some legislators say they plan to
> take an active role in that strategy.
>
> “Every state is involved,” said Marc
> Geller, a board member and spokesperson
> for the Electric Vehicle Association, an
> advocacy group that promotes the adoption
> of such vehicles. “This is being taken
> seriously in a way it hasn’t been before,
> because the trajectory is very clear.”
>
> https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2022/
> 01/24/electric-vehicles-charge-ahead-in-statehouses

Rudy Canoza

Jan 27, 2022, 1:33:55 PMJan 27
On 1/27/2022 9:18 AM, Lee wrote:
> NoBody wrote:
>
>> https://www.greenmatters.com/p/car-companies-electric-energy-pledge
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> https://mashable.com/article/traditional-carmakers-going-all-electric-
>>>>
>> https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/chrysler-aims-electric-
>>>>
>> https://www.techradar.com/news/hyundai-switches-focus-to-electric-stop
>> Curious, >> >> what are states doing relative to electrical grids to
>> cars? >> Because goofy >> >> >> > >> states like CA can't even
>> handle what it >> has now with all >> its >> >> > >> rolling
>> blackouts, and is in no >> position to deal with >> millions >> >>
>> upon >> > millions of EVs >> taxing its electric grids. >> >> >> >>
>> electricity is >> >> going >> to >> come from and how we will deal
>> with the toxi waste >> of >> the >> batteries. >> Liberals really
>> are this stupid. >> >> >> >

>>> Why didn't you even look at the above
>>> citation, "Nobody"?
>>>

>> To what in this chopped up thread are you responding, Lying Lee?

>> the >> >> capacity to support the current demands.

>> citations. >>
>>>
>>> Since you are incapable of answering
>>> your own questions.........
>>>

>>> Electricity Grids Can Handle Electric
>>> Vehicles Easily - They Just Need Proper
>>> Management
>>> Nov 13 2021
>>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesmorris/2021/11/13/electricity-grid
>>> s-ca
>>> n-handle-electric-vehicles-easily--they-just-need-proper-management/
>>> ?sh= 5d7093c77862
>>
>> This person talks about the UK and speculates the US. Point not
>> supported. Please try again.
>>

>>> "A November report sponsored by the U.S.
>>> Department of Energy found that there has
>>> been almost no increase in electricity
>>> demand nationwide over the past 10 years,
>>> while capacity has grown an average of 12
>>> gigawatts per year (1 GW can power more
>>> than half a million homes). That means
>>> energy production could climb at a similar
>>> rate and still meet even the most aggressive
>>> increase in electric vehicles, with proper
>>> planning."
>>> https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2
>>> 020/ 01/09/electric-cars-will-challenge-state-power-grids
>>
>> Oh look,

"Oh look" is not a comment from a serious adult.

>> more speculation. Please provide DATA thtat the electric
>> grid can support electric vehicles.
>

> You want further "data", look it up yourself.

I don't know how you have the patience to beat up on Kremlin Girl / Bit of
Nothingness so much. It's like fucking whack-a-mole. I think only
AlleyPussyBitch surpasses KG/BoN for narcissism and childishness. And of
course, they're both just staggeringly dishonest.

> I'm not doing your homework for you lib."
> Nobody, July 10 2018
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/alt.fan.rush-limbaugh/GoMAUkI
> oUrE/7SzMaYTHAwAJ

Bill Litchfield

Jan 28, 2022, 10:05:52 AMJan 28
On 1/28/2022 3:54 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 04:33:38 -0800 (PST), -hh
> <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

>>> And Lying still has no answer.
>>
>> Q: guess what happens when you spam across groups but don't
>> check each one for single-group replies?
>>
>> A: you embarrass yourself because you missed that your "challenge"
>> had indeed been answered, simply by another poster:
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.os.linux.advocacy/c/GWj3wfVcxwQ/m/W-P_foxTAAAJ>
>>
>> TL;DR: the grid --without any infrastructure growth - already has adequate
>> off-peak capacity for 95% of the existing fleet to convert to EV, at a
>> consumption rate equivalent of driving an average of 300 miles/week.
>>
>> (FYI, 300 mi/week = 15K/yr, which is 5% more than the 2019 average).
>>

>> -hh
>
> Please don't link to another Usenet post to "prove" your point.

Fuck off, shitstain.

Rudy Canoza

Jan 28, 2022, 11:45:01 AMJan 28
On 1/27/2022 7:09 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote in news:Bb-dne7K0vJETm_8nZ2dnUU7-
> cXN...@giganews.com:
>
>> NoBody wrote:

>>> Oh look, more speculation. Please provide DATA thtat the electric
>>> grid can support electric vehicles.
>>

>> You want further "data", look it up yourself.
>>

> Don't fall into Kremlin Girls' trap.
>
> Post an article, she finds some minute
> point and demands you research it. You
> provide the data, she dismisses it as
> insufficient, biased, outdated, or lacking
> in the detail only she wants. Then she
> accuses you of "fleeing" if you don't
> continue to research HER questions.
>
> There is no proof she will accept.

She is a childish bitch troll, just based on her mannerisms and posting behavior
alone:

"Oh, look..."
"<crickets.wav>"
"And Lee has fled..."

She is a clumsy, oafish practitioner of the Gish Gallop. She knows her quibbles
over corroborating evidence you offer are groundless. She also knows — or
would, if she weren't such an obnoxious and ignorant cunt — that "Rolling
Stone.....hah!" and "Now you're citing Twitter?" and her other childish /ad
hominem/ ploys are nothing but trolling.

I observed a long time ago that 99% of her posts are replies — she virtually
never initiates a thread with an original post — and of the replies, close to
50% of them are replies to her own childish moronic bitchy trolls.

I disagree with you and Lee and Bradley on most policy positions, but you're not
moronic trolling mental defectives. *All* of the far right-wingnuts are just
that: Hartung, Kremlin Girl, BlueGirl, #ReamMeUpTheAssSnotty, AlleyPussyBitch.
They are also complete assholes — just shit character. Gak isn't a troll, but
he absolutely *is* an asshole.

> Such is why she is most everyone's
> killfiles now. Including mine.

She claims to have kill-filed me. I'm actually pretty surprised she hasn't
kill-filed Lee. Of course, if she did, there goes at least 80% of her
engagement in Usenet.

NoBody

Jan 29, 2022, 10:03:59 AMJan 29
On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:49:12 -0700, Fred OInka <Fred...@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 08:44:56 -0800, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>Look at Rudy slurping for a friend.

Poor self-centered idiotic Rudely. He actually thinks he is relevant
in this world and demands that everyone reads his childish posts.
Psst, Rudely, you ARE in my killfile as you aren't worth the effort to
respond. I know it's difficult for you to understand but there are
people who just aren't interested in your stupidity.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Jan 29, 2022, 10:08:57 AMJan 29
On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 10:03:56 -0500, NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>>Look at Rudy slurping for a friend.
>
>Poor self-centered idiotic Rudely. He actually thinks he is relevant
>in this world and demands that everyone reads his childish posts.
>Psst, Rudely, you ARE in my killfile as you aren't worth the effort to
>respond. I know it's difficult for you to understand but there are
>people who just aren't interested in your stupidity.

It can be entertaining to watch Rudy looking for attention and
watching him get owned, over and over again.

NoBody

Jan 30, 2022, 10:38:00 AMJan 30
It *is* easy entertainment because is so easy to get him going.

Rudy Canoza

Feb 2, 2022, 2:09:07 PMFeb 2
On 2/2/2022 10:59 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8283134/
> [...]
> Economically viable electric vehicle lithium-ion battery recycling is
> increasingly needed; however routes to profitability are still unclear.
> [...]
> The widespread implementation of LIB recycling is hampered by insufficient
> recycling efficiencies, environmental impacts, safety hazards and logistical
> challenges, such as collection and transportation (Gaines et al., 2018; Harper
> et al., 2019; Yun et al., 2018). A large variety of pack designs and battery
> chemistries further add to the complexity of recycling (Chitre et al., 2020).
> Given the currently rather low number of End-of-Life (EoL) EV LIBs, recycling
> costs are still high and profits low, discouraging EV and battery manufacturers
> from pursuing the recycling of retired batteries effectively (Heelan et al.,
> 2016; Rohr et al., 2017).
> [...]
>
> In other words, we are making progress but we aren't there yet.

We're well on our way to being there.

You're pretending to be objecting to EVs based on practical concerns, but we
know that's only a smokescreen. Your real and shameful objection is that you
stupidly believe anthropogenic global warming is a "hoax" and that attempting to
halt and reverse it is only a "radical socialist" plot to seize control of the
economy. As always, you're working strenuously to be stupid, and you're succeeding.

Rudy Canoza

Feb 3, 2022, 1:16:22 PMFeb 3
On 2/3/2022 10:00 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 2/2/22 07:19, David Hartung wrote:

>>> What about those who live in an apartment and have to park in an open parking
>>> lot?
>>
>> The truth is that Electric vehicles may well have a major place in our future,
>> but not until some major issues are dealt with. The biggest as I see it are:
>>
>> Range, the average range of an electric vehicle appears to be under 200 miles
>> (https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/range-electric-car).
>>
>> Availability of charging stations.
>>
>> Charging time: even with a quick charge, it takes several times longer to
>> recharge an EV than to gas up a conventional car.
>>
>> Electric grid capacity: Can or will grid capacity grow quickly enough to keep
>> up with EV demand?
>>
>> Cost: Without government tax credits, EVs are significantly more expensive
>> than conventional cars.
>>
>> Disposal of old batteries: At this time we do not have a commercially viable
>> process for recycling lithium ion batteries.
>>

>> I have no doubt that most or all of these issues will eventually be resolved,
>> but those resolutions are years down the road.
>>

>> There is also an issue of the environmental and social cost of extracting the
>> needed materials from the earth.
>
> How will lost gas tax revenue be made up? Will there be a new tax on electricity?

More bad-faith quibbling. You don't *really* care about how the revenues will
be made up. This is just more "...and another thing!" phony objections. Your
*real* objection, as I have already elaborated, is that you think anthropogenic
global warming is a "hoax" pushed by "radical Marxists" who are only using it as
a pretext to "take over the economy." That's what you think. Mostly you tell
us that indirectly, but you've edged damned fucking close to saying it
literally. We know what you think — you reveal it to us.

In fact, forward-looking states, like California, are already looking to replace
fuel taxes with mileage taxes. The more miles you drive, the more tax you pay.
That is equitable. If you're driving a lot more than others, you're deriving
much greater benefit from the roads, which need to be maintained. You ought to
pay more.

Rudy Canoza

Feb 3, 2022, 2:08:05 PMFeb 3
On 2/3/2022 10:31 AM, David Hartung wrote:
>>> How will lost gas tax revenue be made up? Will there be a new tax on
>>> electricity?
>>
>> More bad-faith quibbling.  You don't *really* care about how the revenues will
>> be made up.  This is just more "...and another thing!" phony objections.  Your
>> *real* objection, as I have already elaborated, is that you think
>> anthropogenic global warming is a "hoax" pushed by "radical Marxists" who are
>> only using it as a pretext to "take over the economy."  That's what you
>> think.  Mostly you tell us that indirectly, but you've edged damned fucking
>> close to saying it literally.  We know what you think — you reveal it to us.
>
> I asked a valid question, your response was to engage in an ad-hominem attack.

First of all, the comma is, as almost always, wrong. You are terminally stupid
and will never learn.

Secondly, you don't "ask" a question — you *pose* a question. If you pose a
question, then you have asked something, but you don't "ask" a question.

Thirdly, it was *not* a valid question. It was a question posed in 100% bad
faith, *exactly* as I said. You really do think that AGW is a "hoax" pushed by
"radical Marxists" who are only using it as a pretext to "take over the
economy." That is *exactly* what you think, and it is not in any way /ad
hominem/ for me to point that out (because it's true) and to trash your
bad-faith question based on it.

Now fuck off, shitbag (also not /ad hominem/ because I didn't say it in place of
an argument — it is supplementary to my excellent argument).