Democrats Intentionally Used Disinformation From Russia To Attack Trump, Campaign Aides

Buzzsaw Checkerling

Jul 12, 2017, 11:32:04 AM7/12/17
by Rowan Scarborough
July 11, 2017
The Washington Times

While the mainstream news media hunts for evidence of Trump-Russia
collusion, the public record shows that Democrats have willfully used
Moscow disinformation to influence the presidential election against
Donald Trump and attack his administration.

The disinformation came in the form of a Russian-fed dossier written by
former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele. It contains a
series of unverified criminal charges against Mr. Trump’s campaign
aides, such as coordinating Moscow’s hacking of Democratic Party
computers.

Some Democrats have widely circulated the discredited information. Mr.
Steele was paid by the Democrat-funded opposition research firm Fusion
GPS with money from a Hillary Clinton backer. Fusion GPS distributed
the dossier among Democrats and journalists. The information fell into
the hands of the FBI, which used it in part to investigate Mr. Trump’s
campaign aides.

Mr. Steele makes clear that his unproven charges came almost
exclusively from sources linked to the Kremlin and Russian President
Vladimir Putin. He identified his sources as “a senior Russian Foreign
Ministry figure,” a former “top level Russian intelligence officer
active inside the Kremlin,” a “senior Kremlin official” and a “senior
Russian government official.”

The same Democrats who have condemned Russia’s election interference
via plying fake news and hacking email servers have quoted freely from
the Steele anti-Trump memos derived from creatures of the Kremlin.
In other words, there is public evidence of significant, indirect
collusion between Democrats and Russian disinformation, a Trump
supporter said.

“If anyone colluded with the Russians, it was the Democrats,” said a
former Trump campaign adviser who asked not to be identified because of
the pending investigations. “After all, they’ve routinely shopped
around false claims from the debunked Steele dossier, which listed
sources including senior Kremlin officials. If anyone should be
investigated in Washington, it ought to be Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell,
Mark Warner and their staffers.”

That is a reference to Rep. Adam B. Schiff of California, the top
Democrat on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence; Sen.
Mark R. Warner, Virginia Democrat and vice chairman of the Senate
Select Committee on Intelligence; and Rep. Eric Swalwell, a California,
Democrat on the House intelligence panel.

By his own admission, Mr. Steele’s work has proved unreliable.
As first reported by The Washington Times on April 25, Mr. Steele filed
a document in a sealed court case in London acknowledging that a major
dossier charge about hacking Democrats’ computers was unverified. The
entire dossier never should have been made public and Fusion GPS should
not have passed it around, Mr. Steele said in a filing defending
himself against a libel charge.

About Carter Page
Other dossier targets vehemently deny the dirt thrown by the Kremlin
sources.

Mr. Steele’s Russian sources accused Mr. Trump’s attorney, Michael
Cohen, of attending a meeting with Russian agents in Prague to cover up
their role in Moscow’s hacking. Mr. Cohen has said he has never been to
Prague and was in California at the time.

One of the main targets of Mr. Steele’s Russian sources is Carter Page,
who lived and worked in Moscow as a Merrill Lynch investor. He had
loose ties to the Trump campaign as a foreign policy adviser and
surrogate.
Mr. Steele’s Russian sources accused Mr. Page of a series of crimes:
teaming up with former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort to help
Russia hack Democratic computers, meeting in Moscow with two Putin
cronies to plot against Mrs. Clinton and working out a shady brokerage
deal with a Russian oligarch.

Mr. Page told The Washington Times that he has never met Mr. Manafort,
knew nothing about Russian hacking when it was happening, never met the
two Russians named by Mr. Steele and never completed the supposed
investment deal.

The dossier accusations against Mr. Page surfaced during the campaign
in a Yahoo News story, citing not Mr. Steele but intelligence sources.
It then went out on the U.S. government’s Voice of America.

In the meantime, the Clinton campaign used the Yahoo story to attack
Mr. Trump: “Hillary for America Statement on Bombshell Report About
Trump Aide’s Chilling Ties to Kremlin,” blared the Clinton campaign’s
Sept. 23 press release.

Since the dossier was circulated widely among Democrats, Mr. Page said,
he believes the Clinton team possessed it and relied on it based on
what some of Mrs. Clinton’s surrogates said publicly.

“After the report by Yahoo News, the Clinton campaign put out an
equally false press release just minutes after the article was released
that afternoon,” said Mr. Carter, who has tracked what he believes is a
series of inaccurate stories and accusations against him.

“Of course, the [Clinton campaign representatives] were lying about it
with the media nonstop for many months, and they’ve continued until
this day,” Mr. Carter said. “Both indirectly as they planted articles
in the press and directly with many TV appearances.”

Democrats cite Russia’s dirt
Even before the Yahoo story, then-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid,
Nevada Democrat, was using the Russian-sourced dossier.

On Aug. 27, with the campaign in high gear and knowledge that Russian
hackers had penetrated Clinton campaign computers in the public domain,
Mr. Reid released a letter to then-FBI Director James B. Comey.

Mr. Reid called for an investigation into Mr. Carter’s trip to Moscow,
where he supposedly “met with high-ranking sanctioned individuals. Any
such meetings should be investigated and made part of the public
record.”

Mr. Reid’s evidence surely came from the dossier and its Russian
sources.

In the dossier, Mr. Steele clearly states that his anti-Trump
accusations are from the Kremlin, which means some Democrats have been
willingly repeating Moscow propaganda for public consumption in
Washington.

No Democrats have embraced the Russian-sourced dossier more than
members of the House intelligence committee, which is investigating
Moscow’s interference in the election.

Mr. Schiff read from the dossier extensively at a March hearing
featuring Mr. Comey and Navy Adm. Michael Rogers, who leads the
National Security Agency.

As Mr. Schiff and other Democrats were bemoaning Kremlin activities
against Mrs. Clinton, they were more than willing to quote Kremlin
sources attacking Mr. Trump during the election campaign.

Mr. Schiff lauded Mr. Steele for disclosing that Rosneft, a
Russian-owned gas and oil company, planned to sell a 19.5 percent share
to an investor and that Mr. Page was offered a brokerage fee.

Trouble is, the 19.5 percent share was announced publicly by Moscow
before Mr. Steele wrote that memo. Mr. Page said he was never involved
in any talk about a commission.

Mr. Schiff was more than willing to quote Kremlin sources.

“According to Steele’s Russian sources, the campaign has offered
documents damaging to Hillary Clinton, which the Russians would publish
through an outlet that gives them deniability like WikiLeaks,” he said.
Mr. Schiff also said: “According to Christopher Steele, a former
British intelligence officer, who is reportedly held in high regard by
U.S. intelligence, Russian sources tell him that Page has also had a
secret meeting with Igor Sechin, CEO of the Russian gas giant, Rosneft.
Sechin is reported to be a former KGB agent and close friend of
Putin’s.”

Mr. Page has said repeatedly that he does not know Mr. Sechin and did
not meet with him in Moscow.

Meanwhile, Rep. Joaquin Castro of Texas, another Democrat on the House
committee, lauded Mr. Steele’s Kremlin sourcing.

“I want to take a moment to turn to the Christopher Steele dossier,
which was first mentioned in the media just before the election and
published in full by media outlets in January,” Mr. Castro said. “My
focus today is to explore how many claims within Steele’s dossier are
looking more and more likely, as though they are accurate.

“This is not someone who doesn’t know how to run a source and not
someone without contacts. The allegations it raises about President
Trump’s campaign aides’ connections to Russians, when overlaid with
known established facts and timelines from the 2016 campaign, are very
revealing,” he said.

Rep. Andre Carson, Indiana Democrat, said: “There’s a lot in the
dossier that is yet to be proven, but increasingly as we’ll hear
throughout the day, allegations are checking out.”

On MSNBC in March, Rep. Maxine Waters, California Democrat, said she
believed the dossier section on Mr. Trump and supposed sex acts with
prostitutes in Moscow were true.

“Oh, I think it should be taken a look at,” she said. “I think they
should really read it, understand it, analyze it and determine what’s
fact, what may not be fact. We already know that the part about the
coverage that they have on him with sex actions is supposed to be true.
They have said that that’s absolutely true. Some other things they kind
of allude to. Yes, I think he should go into that dossier and see
what’s there.”

Fusion GPS widely circulated the dossier during the presidential race.
The public got its first glance when the news site BuzzFeed posted it
online in January, with its editor saying he doubted it was true.

One person who says he knows it is a fabrication is Russian
entrepreneur Aleksej Gubarev.

The dossier quotes Russian sources as saying Mr. Gubarev’s technology
company, XBT, used botnets to flood Democratic computers with porn and
spying devices.

Mr. Gubarev is suing Mr. Steele for libel in London and is suing
BuzzFeed in Florida.

It is in the London case that Mr. Steele acknowledged that his memo on
Mr. Gubarev was unverified.

______________
"The tragedy of our current political quagmire is that, yeah, we really
could use an effective, active, and credible press right now. We have
an active one five days out of the week, an effective one five days out
of the month, and a credible one... not that often."

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 12, 2017, 11:49:38 AM7/12/17
Buzzsaw Checkerling, <news:xn0ksdyik...@reader.albasani.net>
Hey, stupid Yanks, the fact that some British 'Mr Steele' compiled a
fictional 'dossier' where he refers to 'Russian officials' in no way
means that he really obtained an infromation from the Russian officials.

Eat your shit themselves and don't link Russia to your shit.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 13, 2017, 8:11:07 PM7/13/17
PIBB, <news:XnsA7B1D05...@81.171.118.180>
> On 16:48 12 Jul 2017, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>> the fact that some British 'Mr Steele' compiled a fictional 'dossier' where
>> he refers to 'Russian officials' in no way means that he really obtained an
>> infromation from the Russian officials.

> Christopher Steele is no newcomer to the scene. He has good credentials to
> investigate Russia.
>
> There's been a lot of spin and fake news to dismiss his findings. That kind
> of suggests the findings are more important than they might seem.
>
> Of course not every single thing he writes is going to be 100% accurate and
> his detractors, such as Hannity at Fox News, are trying very hard to make
> out that a trivial error in the document means the whole document is wrong.
>
> http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-russian-
> dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele

I answered it here <https://goo.gl/KraUhj>

This Steele has in fact very limited personal experience about Russia, -
the only time he was there was in 1991 - 1992, and the Russia at the time
was very much different in comparison to the present day one (which is not
the case for Britain btw). That's why the plot of his artwork looks like
retro style comic with regard to the modern Russia. However, such a fiction
may well seem believable to the Hollywood-educated audience the product is
primarily intended for.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 13, 2017, 11:55:22 PM7/13/17
On 7/13/2017 5:10 PM, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> PIBB, <news:XnsA7B1D05...@81.171.118.180>
>> On 16:48 12 Jul 2017, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
>
>>> the fact that some British 'Mr Steele' compiled a fictional 'dossier'
>>> where
>>> he refers to 'Russian officials' in no way means that he really
>>> obtained an
>>> infromation from the Russian officials.
>
>> Christopher Steele is no newcomer to the scene. He has good
>> credentials to
>> investigate Russia.
>>
>> There's been a lot of spin and fake news to dismiss his findings. That
>> kind
>> of suggests the findings are more important than they might seem.
>>
>> Of course not every single thing he writes is going to be 100%
>> accurate and
>> his detractors, such as Hannity at Fox News, are trying very hard to make
>> out that a trivial error in the document means the whole document is
>> wrong.
>>
>> http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-russian-
>> dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele
>
> I answered it here <https://goo.gl/KraUhj>

Ha ha ha!

Anyone who has even a little idea about real decision-making mechanics
in the Kremlin would have no doubt that the 'dossier' is a fiction

"a little idea about real decision-making mechanics in the Kremlin" -
well, that lets you out, doesn't it? I don't know if your real name is
"Oleg Smirnov" (doubtful), or if your real name is Billy Crankbiter and
you're pretending to be a Rooshan, complete with unartfully mangled
English, but you are one motherfucking apologist for the corrupt and
despotic Putin, that's for sure.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 14, 2017, 4:31:15 AM7/14/17
Rudy Canoza, <news:JgX9B.136978$xk.1...@fx39.iad>
Here's a nice video for you <https://youtu.be/luDZO7-ZgFo>

You'd not take it hostilely. Just relax and behold the light of truth
while reading my mangled English. After a few weeks of such a practice,
your hair will grow better and your IQ will be 5 points up.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 14, 2017, 10:28:27 AM7/14/17
PIBB, <news:XnsA7B292A...@81.171.118.180>

>>> Christopher Steele is no newcomer to the scene. He has good credentials
>>> to investigate Russia.
>>>
>>> There's been a lot of spin and fake news to dismiss his findings. That
>>> kind of suggests the findings are more important than they might seem.
>>>
>>> Of course not every single thing he writes is going to be 100% accurate
>>> and his detractors, such as Hannity at Fox News, are trying very hard to
>>> make out that a trivial error in the document means the whole document is
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-
>>> russian-dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele
>>
>> I answered it here <https://goo.gl/KraUhj>
>>
>> This Steele has in fact very limited personal experience about Russia, -
>> the only time he was there was in 1991 - 1992, and the Russia at the time
>> was very much different in comparison to the present day one
>
> Steele was a British spy for several on the ground in Russia before he left
> to work in international intelligence gathering.

He was a British spy in Moscow from 1990 to 1992, the Wikipaedia tells.

It was 23 yeas ago, and there's absolutely no doubt that his 'dossier' is
based mainly on his imagination linked to his outdated reminiscences, and in
a part, maybe, on pothouse anecdotes, vulgar rumors and Chinese whispers.

> The former Soviets continued to
> occupy positions of power and retain their old methods dressed up with a new
> coat of paint. Later, as perestroika faltered and as criminal gangmasters
> became ascendant, the old Soviets reasserted itself.
>
> Steele was a good agent and known to be reliable. As is the cae with almost
> all intel work, there are shades of gray on account of unknown reliability
> in reports from hidden sources. Steele's commissioning has also been called
> into question but ultimately these are all minor quibbles. Steele did a
> good job and there is without doubt a great deal of truth in what he has
> complied.
>
> Of course Trump is embarassed by facts which show his misdeeds but his
> denials can be safely ignored as he will say anything as long as it suits
> the moment.
>
>> (which is not the case for Britain btw). That's why the plot of his artwork
>> looks like retro style comic with regard to the modern Russia. However,
>> such a fiction may well seem believable to the Hollywood-educated audience
>> the product is primarily intended for.
>
> Claiming superiority over an audience, as you do there, does not turns fact
> into fiction. I hope the Steele dossier and its claims get thoroughly
> investigated and additonal facts are added to what he has written about.
>
> Facts are Donald Trump's enemy and get in the way of his fake news.

Well, hope dies last :)

NoBody

Jul 14, 2017, 1:56:42 PM7/14/17
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:24:50 +0100, PIBB <nos...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>On 01:10 14 Jul 2017, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
>
>> PIBB, <news:XnsA7B1D05...@81.171.118.180>

>>> Christopher Steele is no newcomer to the scene. He has good
>>> credentials to investigate Russia.
>>>
>>> There's been a lot of spin and fake news to dismiss his
>>> findings. That kind of suggests the findings are more important
>>> than they might seem.
>>>
>>> Of course not every single thing he writes is going to be 100%
>>> accurate and his detractors, such as Hannity at Fox News, are
>>> trying very hard to make out that a trivial error in the
>>> document means the whole document is wrong.
>>>
>>> http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/how-the-explosive-
>>> russian-dossier-was-compiled-christopher-steele
>>
>> I answered it here <https://goo.gl/KraUhj>
>>
>> This Steele has in fact very limited personal experience about
>> Russia, - the only time he was there was in 1991 - 1992, and the
>> Russia at the time was very much different in comparison to the
>> present day one
>
>Steele was a British spy for several on the ground in Russia
>before he left to work in international intelligence gathering.
>The former Soviets continued to occupy positions of power and
>retain their old methods dressed up with a new coat of paint.
>Later, as perestroika faltered and as criminal gangmasters became
>ascendant, the old Soviets reasserted itself.
>
>Steele was a good agent and known to be reliable. As is the cae
>with almost all intel work, there are shades of gray on account of
>unknown reliability in reports from hidden sources. Steele's
>commissioning has also been called into question but ultimately
>these are all minor quibbles. Steele did a good job and there is
>without doubt a great deal of truth in what he has complied.
>
>Of course Trump is embarassed by facts which show his misdeeds but
>his denials can be safely ignored as he will say anything as long
>as it suits the moment.
>
>> (which is not the case for Britain btw). That's
>> why the plot of his artwork looks like retro style comic with
>> regard to the modern Russia. However, such a fiction may well
>> seem believable to the Hollywood-educated audience the product
>> is primarily intended for.
>
>Claiming superiority over an audience, as you do there, does not
>turns fact into fiction. I hope the Steele dossier and its claims
>get thoroughly investigated and additonal facts are added to what
>he has written about.
>
>Facts are Donald Trump's enemy and get in the way of his fake
>news.

Wow, you still believe that fake dossier is real? There really isn't
much hope for you, is there?

NoBody

Jul 14, 2017, 1:59:05 PM7/14/17
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 17:24:02 +0300, "Oleg Smirnov" <os...@netc.eu>
wrote:
Pibb has endless fantasies about Trump. His obsession approaches the
limits of sanity.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 14, 2017, 2:59:29 PM7/14/17
The dossier was not fictional.

First-Post

Jul 14, 2017, 3:20:39 PM7/14/17
The left has turned into a bad caricature of a third rate comic book
villain.
All they have now are their idiotic fantasies that are so pathetic
that no one takes them at all seriously.
Hell they're having a difficult time getting anyone to even respond to
their psychotic rants on twitter and other popular social media.
they've become so mundane with their sad propaganda that when they
post such nonsense as the repetitious Russian dossier garbage they're
either just laughed at or ignored completely.

About the only thing they've actually accomplished with their childish
behavior it they have made the "eyes rolling" and "ROFL" emojis the
two most often used emojis in social media.

NoBody

Jul 15, 2017, 9:14:38 AM7/15/17
On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:56:53 +0100, PIBB <nos...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:
>You're clearly living in a different world than the rest of us.

Well you're close with that one. You just have it a bit backwards.

Oleg Smirnov

Jul 15, 2017, 8:33:34 PM7/15/17
PIBB, <news:XnsA7B3DBC...@81.171.118.180>
> On 16:48 12 Jul 2017, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>>> Mr. Steele makes clear that his unproven charges came almost exclusively
>>> from sources linked to the Kremlin and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
>>> He identified his sources as "a senior Russian Foreign Ministry figure," a
>>> former "top level Russian intelligence officer active inside the Kremlin,"
>>> a "senior Kremlin official" and a "senior Russian government official."
>>
>> Hey, stupid Yanks, the fact that some British 'Mr Steele' compiled a
>> fictional 'dossier' where he refers to 'Russian officials' in no way means
>> that he really obtained an infromation from the Russian officials.
>>
>> Eat your shit themselves and don't link Russia to your shit.
>
> There's so much info out there that I don't get the time to read it all. I
> look for documents which are hotly denied (such as the one you mention) and
> look at those most closely.
>
> It works with Tweets too. When Donald says the whole Russia connection is
> fake then it's worth looking into it. You never know if it might lead to
> emails about a meeting everyone had forgotten about.

What is going on in the US currently is sort of clash between various
moronicies, and the perverted 'liberal'/left is probably the most lousy
and evil party in the mess.

The perverted left is essentially a cult and it begets bigots. They love
to rant within their cultist discourse but can't cope with facts when it
leads beyond their box (eg. <http://goo.gl/DyMfHA>). The cultists seek to
present their cult as a true democracy (the only true doctrine) and tend
to interpret everything contradicting to it as 'threat to our democracy'
whereas, in fact, the leftist cult itself undermines democracy as it has
become boldly visible eg. in the Ukraine case.

Here is also a note for those in the US who dislike the [perverted] left.
If you want to keep obsession with Russia then you have to give up to the
'leftist' dominance at home. There's no way to keep it up both ways.

NoBody

Jul 16, 2017, 1:03:59 PM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 14:11:52 +0100, PIBB <nos...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:
>The Fox News line is to make passing reference to the Steele
>dossier while claiming it is wholly unreliable.
>
>Maybe that works with a Fox audience but anyone else knows that
>much of the dossier is valuable.

Oh lordy, you are delusional...