Re: Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey makes bizarre joke about remote work, says it turns you into 'a loser'

1 view

Dead blue cities

Feb 22, 2024, 4:31:53 AMFeb 22
On 05 Apr 2022, Rafael <j...@gmail.com> posted some
news:t2h8qk$3ke3j$4...@news.freedyn.de:

> Get rid of the niggers and illegal aliens, maybe Americans will.

During an address on Wednesday, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey took a jab at
remote work while praising the benefits of downtown Minneapolis.

While speaking at the Minneapolis Downtown Council’s annual meeting, Mayor
Frey, a Democrat, joked that remote work ultimately turns you into “a
loser.”

“I don’t know if you saw this study the other day, what this study clearly
showed… is that when people who have the ability to come downtown but
don’t,” Frey explained.

“When they stay home, sitting on their couch with their nasty cat blanket,
diddlin’ on their laptop. If they do that for a few months, you become a
loser. It’s a study. We’re not losers, are we?”

Frey’s comments were met with laughter from the crowd.

Many office spaces and businesses in downtown Minneapolis have reportedly
been empty and abandoned since the COVID-19 pandemic, with companies
shifting to a remote work model.

Frey urged the crowd to return to downtown as remote work had allegedly
caused a negative impact on the downtown economy.

“Come experience the greatness of downtown,” Frey said. “Come back to
work.”

FOX 9 questioned the Mayor about where the alleged study came from.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/08/news/minneapolis-mayor-jacob-frey-makes-
bizarre-joke-about-remote-work/