Re: Conservatives Want Trump Restored To Office Thru Violence

Rudy Canoza

Sep 23, 2021, 12:49:02 PM9/23/21
On 9/23/2021 9:31 AM, ed...@post.com wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:11:50 PM UTC-4, Lee wrote:
>> 21 million Americans say Biden is
>> illegitimate and Trump should be
>> restored by violence,
>> September 23, 2021
>>

>> For months, my colleagues and I at
>> the University of Chicago Project
>> on Security and Threats have been
>> tracking insurrectionist sentiments
>> in U.S. adults, most recently in
>> surveys in June. We have found that
>> 47 million American adults –
>> nearly 1 in 5 – agree with the
>> statement that “the 2020 election
>> was stolen from Donald Trump and
>> Joe Biden is an illegitimate
>> president.” Of those, 21 million
>> also agree that “use of force is
>> justified to restore Donald J.
>> Trump to the presidency.”
>>
>> Our survey found that many of these
>> 21 million people with
>> insurrectionist sentiments have the
>> capacity for violent mobilization.
>> At least 7 million of them already
>> own a gun, and at least 3 million
>> have served in the U.S. military
>> and so have lethal skills. Of those
>> 21 million, 6 million said they
>> supported right-wing militias and
>> extremist groups, and 1 million
>> said they are themselves or
>> personally know a member of such a
>> group, including the Oath Keepers
>> and Proud Boys.
>>
>> https://theconversation.com/21-million-americans-say-biden-is-illegitima
>> te-and-trump-should-be-restored-by-violence-survey-finds-168359
>
> You gotta wonder why it is that it's always right wingers who look to violence as a justifiable means to achieve undemocratic ends. It only proves they're not democratic-minded, but

"We're a ree-PUBBBBB-lick, NOT a dee-MAHHH-craceeeee!"

Liberal democracy, of course, means exactly what the United States and Canada
and all western nations are. It means the will of the people being expressed
through voting, sometimes for elected representatives, sometimes for direct
measures. It has nothing to do with the structure of the government, nor with
who is the head of state. The UK, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark,
Belgium, Spain, Japan — *all* of these are liberal democracies as all educated
persons understand the term to mean, despite all of them being constitutional
monarchies.

Right-wingnuts don't believe in the standard definition of democracy as
understood by all educated persons. They do not believe in the will of the
people being expressed politically. Violence-prone right-wingnuts are very much
in the minority, i.e. they are not "the people," but they want *their* will
alone to be expressed, and they are eagerly willing to do so through violence.

> more despotic in nature, that they're not true Americans, especially the ones down South, but wannabe Commies. There should be a government program available for these treasonous, seditionist, insurrectionist types to be deported, or easily self-deport themselves, to where they really want to be - Mother Russia under the iron fist of Putin and corrupt gang.

Rudy Canoza

Sep 23, 2021, 1:12:09 PM9/23/21
On 9/23/2021 10:01 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> How many Americans applauded the BLM/Antifa

No. "BLM" and "antifa" are not connected.

> violence last year?

Typical Hartung right-wingnut whataboutism — that is, a bullshit response.

There is no comparison, of course, and you know it. The protests last summer,
the vast majority of which were *NOT* violent, were spontaneous reactions to an
egregious example in a long, never-ending chain of police murders of an unarmed
black. The January 6 insurrection — yes, it was an insurrection, beyond all
rational dispute — was anything *BUT* spontaneous. It was planned, organized,
financed and directed by Trump. The George Floyd protests were not intended to
produce a drastic change in the political order. That was exactly the goal of
Trump's violent insurrection, and it *IS* the goal of you right-wingnuts who
advocate the illegal, unconstitutional "reinstatement" of Trump to the presidency.

There is no comparison. This is settled.

Rudy Canoza

Sep 24, 2021, 10:32:15 AM9/24/21
On 9/24/2021 2:36 AM, David Hartung wrote:
> On 9/23/21 10:21 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> On 9/23/2021 8:12 PM, Matt wrote:

>>> Extrapolated the results their way.
>>
>> Extrapolated them the correct and only way.

>>> I have no fear of the antifa groups as
>>
>> The "antifa" that you knee-jerk over does not exist.  It's only a bogeyman, a
>> phantasm that your weak mind obsesses over.
>
> Much like you and QAnon?

No.

"Majority Of Republicans Believe The QAnon Conspiracy Theory Is Partly Or Mostly
True, Survey Finds"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/02/majority-of-republicans-believe-the-qanon-conspiracy-theory-is-partly-or-mostly-true-survey-finds/?sh=4374b795231d

When I write "Republiscums/QAnon," I know what I'm talking about.

Matt

Sep 26, 2021, 1:57:08 PM9/26/21
On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 07:32:10 -0700, Rudy Canoza <notg...@gmail.com>
Talk about fake news source.